The Human Centipede

They were discussing this on the Stern show the other day and everyone was pretty much disgusted with the premise of this film. Howard said he won't even watch the trailer. You can find it on youtube if you want to watch. Here is a review:

The most disturbing movie ever made?

The film is actually pretty dull. I was expecting a super trashy mad scientist film and, to an extent, that's what I got. But it never really justified it's premise. the guy who played the scientist was pretty amazing though.

but, like all classic grindhouse, the trashiness is hyped and everyone gets carried away with the horrors they expect to see. Then they don't see those things. Kind of how, in the 70s, there was this hype/fear of the snuff film.

Flick is going to disappoint a lot of people

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrest you too.

Sounds pretty intolerant of you, doesn't it?

Aren't you the one who thinks society needs to keep pushing the baseline on what is accepted? Or is that just out of convienence? Seems you draw the line here pretty clearly.

It is only a film/creative endeavor.

Of course you are probaly joking, right?

If you want laughably bad, try "The Room" on for size if you havent already. It's not horror, but my life was forever changed when I watched that amazing movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz-bhcHryc...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR1oG8-JajM...feature=related

Oh man, that looks absolutely painful. How did you survive after watching that?

As for "The Human Centipede", it definitely looks twisted, but not any more shocking than "Hostel" or the "Saw" series.

I have still yet to find a film that is more disturbing than "Cannibal Holocaust".

I have not seen "Teeth", although I heard it was a decent flick.

As for "The Human Centipede", it definitely looks twisted, but not any more shocking than "Hostel" or the "Saw" series.

I have still yet to find a film that is more disturbing than "Cannibal Holocaust".

Must look away... Must look away... I don't even want to know!

:angry:

Sounds pretty intolerant of you, doesn't it?

Aren't you the one who thinks society needs to keep pushing the baseline on what is accepted? Or is that just out of convienence? Seems you draw the line here pretty clearly.

It is only a film/creative endeavor.

Of course you are probaly joking, right?

Defending it? Arrest you too.

If you want laughably bad, try "The Room" on for size if you havent already. It's not horror, but my life was forever changed when I watched that amazing movie.

Cartoon Network occasionally shows The Room (unfortunately they edit the nudity). It's a real stinker that has achieved cult status.

Cartoon Network occasionally shows The Room (unfortunately they edit the nudity). It's a real stinker that has achieved cult status.

They sure do, the movie also got front page status on Yahoo a few weeks ago where they did an article about the midnight showings in LA.

I watched the first trailer and if its supposed to be a comedy looks like the may have something lol

I watched the first trailer and if its supposed to be a comedy looks like the may have something lol

Oh man, now you've got me going on how amazing this movie is. The story behind it is the guy who wrote, directed, produced and starred in it (Tommy Wiseau, the weird foreign guy in the trailer) originally wrote it as this super serious drama...BUT...he failed at almost every level of script writing and the movie ended up being hilarious because of how badly it was produced.

So, he in turn re-branded the movie as a "dark comedy" but it was definitely written and filmed as a very serious drama. That's what makes it great...every scene is a lesson in "How Not To Film A Movie 101".

Do you support book burning? Are you suggesting censorship is appropriate?

I would rather know the facts and make a personal choice about what is acceptable.

I did not indicate support for the movie nor did I suggest that I would like it. I simply said Indie films often push the limits. I also said if you object to the film don't buy a ticket nor otherwise provide hype for it.

You know the facts and posted the link, taking away people's choice not to look.

Look in the mirror.

You know the facts and posted the link, taking away people's choice not to look.

Look in the mirror.

I did not post a link.

However, for sake of discussion let's say that I did. It is "the people's" choice to look at it or not. You have to "click" it to open it. I did not have a gun to anyone's head nor does the link open on its own. If an individual would prefer not to look they simply can choose not to open the link.

My point all along is simply that I support an individual's right to choose whether they want to see a movie, open a link, discuss an issue that might be considered offensive to some, etc. etc.

I second that one, Mark!

Oh man, now you've got me going on how amazing this movie is. The story behind it is the guy who wrote, directed, produced and starred in it (Tommy Wiseau, the weird foreign guy in the trailer) originally wrote it as this super serious drama...BUT...he failed at almost every level of script writing and the movie ended up being hilarious because of how badly it was produced.

So, he in turn re-branded the movie as a "dark comedy" but it was definitely written and filmed as a very serious drama. That's what makes it great...every scene is a lesson in "How Not To Film A Movie 101".

I love the bad movies--it's what I choose to watch most of the time. So of course I own a copy of The Room. It's a wildly stupid/entertaining film. I don't recommend watching alone, or sober. If you dig on that whole Tim and Eric aesthetic the film will tear you apart, Lisa.

For a good time check out Samurai Cop:

caution: humorless reactionaries will demand your arrest if you view the above clip

Finally took a moment to watch the trailer, and I'm a little confused about what is so unusual or disturbing about this movie. Intended or not, it seems to just be another B-movie horror flick; chicks have car break down in the middle of nowhere, encounter wacko crazy guy or guys, bloody horror ensues until, in all likelihood, the chicks fight back and kill the crazy guy. It doesn't look to be any more obscure than something like Mother's Day, which was fun if for no other reason than to watch one of the chicks pour Drano down a guy's throat.

Finally took a moment to watch the trailer, and I'm a little confused about what is so unusual or disturbing about this movie. Intended or not, it seems to just be another B-movie horror flick; chicks have car break down in the middle of nowhere, encounter wacko crazy guy or guys, bloody horror ensues until, in all likelihood, the chicks fight back and kill the crazy guy. It doesn't look to be any more obscure than something like Mother's Day, which was fun if for no other reason than to watch one of the chicks pour Drano down a guy's throat.

Here is another not so flattering review that ends up capturing the essence of disturbing nature (to most) of this film.

I watched The Human Centipede Because I Hate Myself

The premise of The Human Centipede is this: a mad scientist kidnaps three people named A, B and C. He surgically attaches A’s anus to B’s mouth, and B’s anus to C’s mouth. Food goes in A, passes through B, and comes out C.

Now that you know the premise, you can be assured of two things: 1) virtually none of the horrific images spiraling through your head are actually in this movie, and 2) there is absolutely nowhere for this premise to really go.

edit: I don't think the mad scientist ends up getting killed...

Human centipede part 2 in the works. Possibly 12 parts?!