The Human Centipede

They were discussing this on the Stern show the other day and everyone was pretty much disgusted with the premise of this film. Howard said he won't even watch the trailer. You can find it on youtube if you want to watch. Here is a review:

The most disturbing movie ever made?

"No horror film I've seen inflicts more terrible things on its victims than 'The Human Centipede,'" Ebert wrote in his review. "The star rating system is unsuited to this film. Is the movie good? Is it bad? Does it matter? It is what it is and it occupies a world where the stars don't shine."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that segment on Howard and have zero interest in watching the trailer, even from a curiousity persepctive.

I think they should arrest the person who thought of that. The people who directed it. And All the actors in it. Frankly, you should be arrested for linking to it.

I heard that segment on Howard and have zero interest in watching the trailer, even from a curiousity persepctive.

I think they should arrest the person who thought of that. The people who directed it. And All the actors in it. Frankly, you should be arrested for linking to it.

I did not link to the trailer, only a review! :rolleyes:

So apparently Stern did a pretty good job advertising for it.

I don't see what the big deal is. Seems like a pretty ridiculous movie, but there's sick crap like that everywhere if you want it. People talking about how horrible it is aren't doing anything but increasing it's viewership. Without the talk, it would just be another stupid freak fest.

Watched the trailer, and read up on the film. I don't see how it's any more disturbing than movies like the Saw franchise and Hostel.

Not necessarily my type of movie, but I'm not offended by the concept...pretty creative, if anything.

Indie films are often created to push the limits of creativity and acceptance. I agree with your comment that Saw and Hostel are pretty far out there in their own rights.

Objecting to the film is simple - don't see it and don't provide free hype by commenting on it.

Indie films are often created to push the limits of creativity and acceptance. I agree with your comment that Saw and Hostel are pretty far out there in their own rights.

Objecting to the film is simple - don't see it and don't provide free hype by commenting on it.

Arrest you too.

Arrest you too.

Do you support book burning? Are you suggesting censorship is appropriate?

I would rather know the facts and make a personal choice about what is acceptable.

I did not indicate support for the movie nor did I suggest that I would like it. I simply said Indie films often push the limits. I also said if you object to the film don't buy a ticket nor otherwise provide hype for it.

I saw that movie at the Sundance Film Festival...disturbing to say the least.

Its actually out on streaming Netflix right now (Teeth, that is), I checked it out a few weeks ago...it's weird for sure but it doesn't take itself too seriously.

The Human Centipede movie is garbage, btw. Pure schlock for the sake of shock with zero plot and horrendous acting.

Its actually out on streaming Netflix right now (Teeth, that is), I checked it out a few weeks ago...it's weird for sure but it doesn't take itself too seriously.

The Human Centipede movie is garbage, btw. Pure schlock for the sake of shock with zero plot and horrendous acting.

Watched the opening scene trailer and it kinda looks like it might be laughably dumb. Doesn't look like its going to be that scary.

Watched the trailer, and read up on the film. I don't see how it's any more disturbing than movies like the Saw franchise and Hostel.

Not necessarily my type of movie, but I'm not offended by the concept...pretty creative, if anything.

I just watched the trailer, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo

I agree it's a creative concept for a horror flick. I'd watch this late at night with a buzz on.

Now, if you want painful, have you seen The Dentist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc5q4mnqIJw

Corbin Bernsen in the lead role. How's THAT for scary? 0:)

Watched the opening scene trailer and it kinda looks like it might be laughably dumb. Doesn't look like its going to be that scary.

If you want laughably bad, try "The Room" on for size if you havent already. It's not horror, but my life was forever changed when I watched that amazing movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz-bhcHryc...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR1oG8-JajM...feature=related

yet here you are making comments on something you care nothing about........HEY Wait a minute....... :angry:

Howard Stern hasn't been funny in 15 years and I can't stand him, however I do like to bash him on internet message boards.....