Bills - Ravens agree on deal for Gaither?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't.

If it's true then the site should get kudos, if not.....they should be crushed. This sheer need to be first to report something is way out of hand from the amatures to the pros (espn etal)

They don't.

The Ravens are apparently comfortable that they can replace Jared Gaither at the right tackle position after former first round pick Michael Oher officially was named the Ravens right tackle on Friday.

Exactly!! Wasn't Oher named the Left Tackle???

Dubious at best, but what the Hell, there's not a lot going on let's play. What does the Board think of the reported price tag for Gaither?

2nd round pick is too high to give up for him.

I see so many scream take an unproven LT in the first, but don't spend a 2nd on a proven LT? :beer:

unfortuately you get the whole package with Gaither

in addition to his experience at LT, you get his bad attitude, bad work ethic and desire for a huge new contract

maybe he will be better than the last 2 OL that got huge money deals

maybe not

but the Bills have not left themselves any real options since they have continued to ignore the OT positions with their premium picks for the better part of 2 decades

typical Bills fans reaction - though

run a bonafide proBowl LT out of town, but welcome a lesser talent who has a much worse track record of being a malcontent and slacker

unfortuately you get the whole package with Gaither

in addition to his experience at LT, you get his bad attitude, bad work ethic and desire for a huge new contract

maybe he will be better than the last 2 OL that got huge money deals

maybe not

but the Bills have not left themselves any real options since they have continued to ignore the OT positions with their premium picks for the better part of 2 decades

typical Bills fans reaction - though

run a bonafide proBowl LT out of town, but welcome a lesser talent who has a much worse track record of being a malcontent and slacker

What exactly is his "much worse track record of being a malcontent and slacker"? Ozzie Newsome and Jim Harbaugh saying they don't like his effort and work ethic after they picked a LT prospect to replace him in the draft? How does that compare AT ALL to a guy holding out until absolutely the last minute and then giving a half-hearted effort the rest of an entire season, all after the team had already renegotiated his deal (a deal he signed) once already?

Time to bring you guys back into the realm of reality.

Gaither is a lazy bastard.

The Ravens thought enough of him to draft Oher, with all intentions of replacing Gaither at LT. Then, prior to the draft, the Ravens openly have a 'for sale' sign on this lazy bastard , and later say they were just trying trying to jump start the afore mentioned lazy bastard, because he's a lazy bastard. Then, the Ravens claim he got the message that they think he's a lazy bastard, and now he's no longer a lazy bastard. Thank you Jesus.

Why would the Bills waste any pick, let alone a 2nd on this lazy bastard. He's going to want left tackle money. Hmmm... I think the Bills just went through a similar situation with a left tackle that was already under contract. Plus we already went through a lazy bastard in Mike Williams.

Be careful what you wish for. Lately, Maryland has been churning out lazy bastards... far from filling their potential... Vernon Davis, Darius Heyward-Bay, Jared Gaither, and now Bruce Campbell.

The Bills FO is smarter than this.... I hope.

Didn't the Eagles give us a first and sixth for our "greedy and lazy" pro bowl LT last year? If we get Peter's replacent for a 2nd, then we made out in the deal. Especially if we sign Gaither to a lesser contract than JP got.

This trade is an absolute no-brainer win-win for both teams. The Bills Beat looks like a nice Bills source of info, although I have no idea what credibility it has. Even if Gaither is not quite up to being Pro Bowl left tackle level yet, he is still young and is the best LT the Bills would have had in camp in God knows how many years. To trade a 2nd round pick from next years' draft for a LT with his NFL experience and potential is like stealing for Buddy Nix, in my humble opinion!

So I am hoping that the Bills Beat really is the first source to get this trade rumor RIGHT! :beer:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...r=1&id=4682

Bills RCB Leodis McKelvin is reportedly unavailable for a potential Jared Gaither trade.

Rumors of a Gaither-to-Buffalo trade persist. Adam Schefter shot down a report of a second-rounder going to Baltimore, and we've also seen one scenario that has Ashton Youboty going to the Ravens. McKelvin, however, is staying put.

Same report as yesterday, they are totally making it up. Plus there are spelling errors galore AND read the "About Us" page on that site. Its pretty hilarious.

Looks like the pollyanna sunshine pumpers will finally have a place to go to when they get tired of all the negative neds on this board.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...r=1&id=4682

Bills RCB Leodis McKelvin is reportedly unavailable for a potential Jared Gaither trade.

Rumors of a Gaither-to-Buffalo trade persist. Adam Schefter shot down a report of a second-rounder going to Baltimore, and we've also seen one scenario that has Ashton Youboty going to the Ravens. McKelvin, however, is staying put.

If it's true then the site should get kudos, if not.....they should be crushed. This sheer need to be first to report something is way out of hand from the amatures to the pros (espn etal)

Interestingly, Gaithers did not practice yesterday!?

Time to bring you guys back into the realm of reality.

Gaither is a lazy bastard.

The Ravens thought enough of him to draft Oher, with all intentions of replacing Gaither at LT. Then, prior to the draft, the Ravens openly have a 'for sale' sign on this lazy bastard , and later say they were just trying trying to jump start the afore mentioned lazy bastard, because he's a lazy bastard. Then, the Ravens claim he got the message that they think he's a lazy bastard, and now he's no longer a lazy bastard. Thank you Jesus.

Why would the Bills waste any pick, let alone a 2nd on this lazy bastard. He's going to want left tackle money. Hmmm... I think the Bills just went through a similar situation with a left tackle that was already under contract. Plus we already went through a lazy bastard in Mike Williams.

Be careful what you wish for. Lately, Maryland has been churning out lazy bastards... far from filling their potential... Vernon Davis, Darius Heyward-Bay, Jared Gaither, and now Bruce Campbell.

The Bills FO is smarter than this.... I hope.

You are quite the "expert" on lazy bastards. There is one basic problem with your "ass"-sesments of those players. They are all very young and early into their NFL careers. You might want to watch Vernon Davis this season. My guess is that nobody will be calling him "lazy" as he begins his second full season under Mike Singletary. And why would you write off Heyward -Bey so soon? Now that the Raiders have someone with the arm and experience to get him the ball, he may just lose his "lazy" moniker this year too.

And as for Gaither, I hope like hell the Bills make the trade and get him in here in time for the first mandatory mini-camp. Despite being the "lazy bastard" you labled him in Baltimore, he still was the starting LT for a playoff team that kicked the crap out of New England in New England, and although he may have missed that playoff game due to injury, (I don't remember if he played or not in that game), he still helped the Ravens win enough games during the season to get into that game in the first place. Now that's the kind of experience the Bills need. And in todays' NFL, injuries are more and more prevalent. Just ask Erick Wood. You want to call that kid a "lazy bastard"?? Yet he went down with a season ending injury himself. In a "battle" with Demetrius Bell and our new kid "the Wanger", I'll put my money on "lazy bastard" Gaither any day.