WECK 1230 AM not doing an announcer draft right now

The announcer draft is on WGR on a day where stories are out about the Bills getting a left tackle and I was covering rookie camp all day. I'm not here to talk crap, but you should tune to Hometown WECK 1230 AM (streaming at www.weck1230.com)

Special occasion, Brad's going to take calls... about FOOTBALL (716.783.9325)

Nick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The announcer draft is on WGR on a day where stories are out about the Bills getting a left tackle and I was covering rookie camp all day. I'm not here to talk crap, but you should tune to Hometown WECK 1230 AM (streaming at www.weck1230.com)

Nick

Thanks ... switching over to WECK here in NJ because this announcer draft is UNBELIEVABLE ...

To think the Bills rookie camp has started and here I am listening to a Buffalo sports' station talking about which announcer is still left on their draft board ... UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I am OUTTTTTA HERE!

Man, I love this thread!

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

There are countless examples of this crap.

I'm not a huge Brad fan but I hope WECK is doing well- I have to remember to tune in more.

Schopp and the Bulldog might be the worst sports talk show in the country.

Seriously.

Already switched over.....really, an announcer draft? Do it on a day when there is NO news about this town's sports teams.

Rookie camp, a possible trade for our new LT....no, nothing in the news worth talking about.

Nick

Yes you are.

But I love it! Didn't know you had an account on here.

I'm really glad you people don't run a radio station.........Today was a big day to talk about sports? I'm as interested in getting a left tackle as the the next guy. But, once you say Yeah, let's get him, what else is left to talk about?

In fairness, Mike Schooop doesn't really like football so you can't expect for the primetime host on the biggest sports station to talk about it. :thumbsup:

I know he's got issues, along with the station, about the Bills. That's fine, but there's more to Buffalo sports than debating the Sabres and having mock drafts. Just the other day, after Ernie Harwell passes, he asks aloud if Harwell was indeed great. I've since turned him off, because it's flat out unlistenable radio at this point. Granted, we're between major sport seasons, but if we've got to debate if Harwell was good and have an announcer draft, then they're not worth it.

I know he's got issues, along with the station, about the Bills. That's fine, but there's more to Buffalo sports than debating the Sabres and having mock drafts. Just the other day, after Ernie Harwell passes, he asks aloud if Harwell was indeed great. I've since turned him off, because it's flat out unlistenable radio at this point. Granted, we're between major sport seasons, but if we've got to debate if Harwell was good and have an announcer draft, then they're not worth it.

Exactly.

Schopp doesn't really like sports.

He likes trivia, and collecting and can probably tell you who hit the most doubles in 1984.

A sports geek... not a sports fan.

Which is fine... unless of course you happen to host a sports talk radio show.