Been giving this a lot of thought....and I am a OL guy and

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is the sentiment of most on this board. What are the chances of him falling. Would you trade up to get him?

not me. I would not draft a QB until we drafted/signed 2 DTs, LB and NT(real DT, LB and NT- not tomato cans). Do you think Bradford would of played well last year for us? Our lines are in shambles. We have been neglecting to fix them since the superbowl years. And Fitzpatrick, Trent, and Brohm is serviceable until the lines are fixed. Bradford and Clausen are not franchise QBs IMO.

And for the 1,000th time-

ALWAYS DRAFT THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE NOT FOR NEED!

not me. I would not draft a QB until we drafted/signed 2 DTs, LB and NT(real DT, LB and NT- not tomato cans). Do you think Bradford would of played well last year for us? Our lines are in shambles. We have been neglecting to fix them since the superbowl years. And Fitzpatrick, Trent, and Brohm is serviceable until the lines are fixed. Bradford and Clausen are not franchise QBs IMO.

I hope we take a OT in the 2nd and bring in a free agent like L. Jones

IF he falls to us at 9

There is just something about him I really like.......Sam Bradford is my guy.

Then we look at a guy like the OT from USC in the 2nd round.

That'll work for me! I'm not sold on any one particular QB in the draft of the top 3 or 4 QB's, but I sure want one and am afraid that one will fall in the Bill's lap and they will pass and draft another position!! They passed on Bryan Orakapo DE last year and selected undersized tweener Aaron Maybe Maybin! Hope Buddy Nix doesn't drop the ball on this draft as supposedly he was an integral part of S.D.'s great drafts! We'll see....

I don't like our lines either and I agree somewhat on the Bills existing QB's, but if Bradford is there at #9, one could argue he's the best available player.

I started to think how everyone is saying they don't like our lines....then I thought deeper and said to myself

"I can't think of many positons on the team taht I do like." I like our kickers!...hmmmm CB's are pretty good I suppose.

Hmmmm it's getting harder, ahhhh I can't say I like our RB's except for F. Jackson, Can't say I like our WR's except for Lee Evans (it's not his fault of the QB's ineptitude)..hmm QB's..There is nothing I like about our QB's at all !! Our LB's...many are undersized for the 3/4..injury prone ie: Paul Pozinjury...yikes! Safeties...umm not great..TE's haven't done much of anything! Geez, Did I say we got good kickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

We're hurting for Certain!!!!!!!! Can we swap all our players with Carolina or another team and throw in $100 million and call it even???

I'd prefer Clausen over Bradford, personally. If either of these guys are there when we pick, which I seriously doubt, I think it'll be hard to pass on them. They both could potentially be franchise QB's and something we haven't had in a LONG time. Are we in dire straits right now at OT? I'd say so, especially in light of Butler's retirement. No matter what we do, we absolutely need to hit on our 1st round pick this year. Whether it be an OT, QB, DT, or LB, they need to show they were worth it on the field from day one.

I agree with Clausen not being a franchise QB & Bradford will probably go to high , but we need a OT & NT as a priority. I would go OT Anthony Davis & or NT Dan Williams , :unsure: either order with our first two picks !! then we'd be looking pretty good

You really consider any one of those guys "serviceable"?!?!

The Bills have really only had aONE top flight QB since the merger, JIM KELLY. A first rounder. They have only chosen 2 first round QB's in that time. Kelly and Losman. QB, more than ever, is the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER ON A TEAM. Maybe if the Bills had chosen more 1st round QB's through the years, we might not have had to sit through all the embarrassing seasons. They missed ONCE with a 1st rd. QB, but with the other pick it was "GLORY DAYS".

Once you have "the guy" he should be around for 10 years or so, plenty of time to build up a line. They have failed with SO MANY 1st picks, that I don't see why anyone thinks it would be a catastrophe if they miss again. You gotta have one.

For the 1000th time, if a guy is worthy, it's still going to take a few years before a QB is going to be seasoned enough to win regularly. You can fix the other stuff while the QB sits a year, etc. Get a QB in here as soon as possible. Even if they spend a first pick on a quarterback THIS YEAR, we are still likely gonna have to sit through watching one of those "serviceable" QB's this coming season. Then the next year the guy gets it together, THEN the next season, IF WE"RE LUCKY, he will get into the playoffs. That's 2 more drafts and free agencies before the team needs to be a "complete" team.

Pick 7 QB's! I don't care, they are going NOWHERE without a good QB, don't try to tell me they need a Nose Tackle more than they need a Quarterback!

I agree with Clausen not being a franchise QB & Bradford will probably go to high , but we need a OT & NT as a priority. I would go OT Anthony Davis & or NT Dan Williams , :unsure: either order with our first two picks !! then we'd be looking pretty good

A big reason why the defense plays poorly, I believe, is because a defense runs on EMOTION. When you are being asked to sacrifice your body, and play all out, but you know you have NO REAL CHANCE to win because the offense can't score, it's tough to match the intensity of the other team, especially the best teams in the league.

The defense has nothing to play for, nothing to make the sacrifices necessary to win seem worth while. It needs big improvement, but the offense is just NOWHERE! They could have the best defense in the league, and they would end up 8-8. For years they have been painful to watch. Why? Well the first thing that comes to my mind is the quarterbacks have sucked!

Saying it louder doesn't make it right. That rule has a major exception. The Golden Rule of the Draft: Never never pass on an available franchise QB unless you've already got one. And we haven't.

I'm just not sure whether he is Nix's type. Nix has said that a successful QB - IN BUFFALO - must have a very strong arm to throw through the winds at the Ralph. Bradford's arm is average, not especially strong.

But seriously, Clausen and Bradford will both be gone at #9. There's maybe a 5% chance of either guy falling, unless Bradford hasn't shown that he has recovered from the injury. In that case, he could be available. IMHO, if Bradford has shown by draft time that he can throw again, the only way we get either guy is to trade up. And I'm not sure you do that in our position.

You guys are F'ed in the head to want another new QB to get pummeled around before he can even learn the system.

First it was Bledsoe the Vet...then J.P. the 1st rd draft pick... then Trent Edwards, the guy who Bill Walsh stated would be a very good QB... AND THE BILLS HAVE RUINED HIM!!!!!!!!

Then it was Fitz the vet, then Brohm the Packers practice squad guy.

Don't you guys get it... the ONLY way the Buffalo Bills will ever be decent on offense is to build a great O line! The ONLY way to build a great O line is to start with the most important position LEFT TACKLE, then right tackle, then another guard.

I's be willing to bet that once Chan Gailey takes a hard look at what he has for O linemen he will draft to fill those positions, at least I hope so.

Saying it louder doesn't make it right. That rule has a major exception. The Golden Rule of the Draft: Never never pass on an available franchise QB unless you've already got one. And we haven't.

I'm just not sure whether he is Nix's type. Nix has said that a successful QB - IN BUFFALO - must have a very strong arm to throw through the winds at the Ralph. Bradford's arm is average, not especially strong.

But seriously, Clausen and Bradford will both be gone at #9. There's maybe a 5% chance of either guy falling, unless Bradford hasn't shown that he has recovered from the injury. In that case, he could be available. IMHO, if Bradford has shown by draft time that he can throw again, the only way we get either guy is to trade up. And I'm not sure you do that in our position.

I honestly hope both Clausen and Bradford are both gone so the Bills will draft a replacement for Jason Peters at LT.

The Bills had a strong armed QB in J.P and Jauron & his staff of bozo's ruined him.

You really consider any one of those guys "serviceable"?!?!

The Bills have really only had aONE top flight QB since the merger, JIM KELLY. A first rounder. They have only chosen 2 first round QB's in that time. Kelly and Losman. QB, more than ever, is the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER ON A TEAM. Maybe if the Bills had chosen more 1st round QB's through the years, we might not have had to sit through all the embarrassing seasons. They missed ONCE with a 1st rd. QB, but with the other pick it was "GLORY DAYS".

Once you have "the guy" he should be around for 10 years or so, plenty of time to build up a line. They have failed with SO MANY 1st picks, that I don't see why anyone thinks it would be a catastrophe if they miss again. You gotta have one.

For the 1000th time, if a guy is worthy, it's still going to take a few years before a QB is going to be seasoned enough to win regularly. You can fix the other stuff while the QB sits a year, etc. Get a QB in here as soon as possible. Even if they spend a first pick on a quarterback THIS YEAR, we are still likely gonna have to sit through watching one of those "serviceable" QB's this coming season. Then the next year the guy gets it together, THEN the next season, IF WE"RE LUCKY, he will get into the playoffs. That's 2 more drafts and free agencies before the team needs to be a "complete" team.

Pick 7 QB's! I don't care, they are going NOWHERE without a good QB, don't try to tell me they need a Nose Tackle more than they need a Quarterback!

I think you are right that this team needs a franchise QB if it wants to win and this is a priority. The thing I disagree with though is if anyone insists that the best way to get a franchise QB is the draft since the simple fact of the case is that franchise QBs and even the first rounder you crave have a far higher record of being acquired by teams in the host of other methods such as FA, trade, late round draft picks, and even UDFAs.

Actually the very recent success of Peyton Manning and RoboQB have been by far the general exception to the rule as one needs to go back to the 'Boys drafting Aikman to find a QB whom a team drafted in the first leading his team to an SB win.

This team simply has too many holes to fill than to forgo more likely stud players who drop to them at #9 than risk putting all their hopes on the recently twice injured Bradford who will be forced to play behind an OL which did not devote ots 1st to reinforcing the OL or forcing the new QB to be productive as our new 3-4 already running short at OLB talent (the current depth chart shows two good back-ups at best starting for us at OLB.

Definiitely get a franchise QB but drafting any of the likely 1st rounders likely to go in the first would probably mean condemninf this team to at least a losing 10 and even worse if we have to trade up to give away even more assets to get him while we have so many holes.

I think you are right that this team needs a franchise QB if it wants to win and this is a priority. The thing I disagree with though is if anyone insists that the best way to get a franchise QB is the draft since the simple fact of the case is that franchise QBs and even the first rounder you crave have a far higher record of being acquired by teams in the host of other methods such as FA, trade, late round draft picks, and even UDFAs.

Actually the very recent success of Peyton Manning and RoboQB have been by far the general exception to the rule as one needs to go back to the 'Boys drafting Aikman to find a QB whom a team drafted in the first leading his team to an SB win.

This team simply has too many holes to fill than to forgo more likely stud players who drop to them at #9 than risk putting all their hopes on the recently twice injured Bradford who will be forced to play behind an OL which did not devote ots 1st to reinforcing the OL or forcing the new QB to be productive as our new 3-4 already running short at OLB talent (the current depth chart shows two good back-ups at best starting for us at OLB.

Definiitely get a franchise QB but drafting any of the likely 1st rounders likely to go in the first would probably mean condemninf this team to at least a losing 10 and even worse if we have to trade up to give away even more assets to get him while we have so many holes.

THis is a bit disingenuous. It's not like winning a super bowl is the ONLY measure of a good QB. The first round is the MOST LIKELY place to find a franchise QB.

I agree that, if they don't feel that one of this years crop is a "franchise QB" it would be foolish to spend the pick on him. BUT to say that we need to "fix the O-line BEFORE we draft a QB" is silly. The guy can sit for a year, and it will....AHHHHHHH! I've already posted this. If it isn't CLEAR by now, it's all just j3rking off.

Think what you like.....

I agree that, if they don't feel that one of this years crop is a "franchise QB" it would be foolish to spend the pick on him. BUT to say that we need to "fix the O-line BEFORE we draft a QB" is silly.

<-----Take a long look at my avatar and notice the hole Thurman Thomas had to run thru, It is one of the reasons as to why the Bills were so dominate in the early 90's. Bill Polian built a solid O line that had mostly the same players for years, it is called "continuity".

Something Dick Jauron was clueless about because the players on the O line changed every year under him. This last year he changed every player at every position, and traded away the only good player and pro bowler on the line. That is the reason the Bills had the worst O line in the NFL in 09.

The Bills under Jauron and Mularkey tried to "fix" the O line by bringing in high priced free agents and for whatever reason they didn't pan out. Whether it was the poor conditioning, the injuries, the rookie O line coach. Free agents tend to get "Paid" and then slack off, at least the Bills O line players did.

Jauron should have drafted for the O line his first year as HC instead of his last,he was hell bent on drafting for the defensive secondary. If they had drafted O line the last four years the Bills might just have an line similar to the NY Jets.

Can you imagine what Jackson and Lynch could do with that NY Jet O line to block for them, not to mention the QB would actually have some time to throw.