Duffs or Anchor Bar?

BillsFanNC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two issues I have with the voting.

1) They showed the judges writing down their choices, but we never saw what they do with those cards

2) After getting the super fans choices, she basically announces to the remaining judges which plate was from where. So they could change their choices if they wanted.

Now say you were one of the super fans. After hearing which plate the Anchor Bar guy chose, do you simply chose the opposite, or the same and hope he chose Duffs?

Yeah the host is really over the top annoying. Someone needs to tell her to notch down the "taking the show too serious" knob.

Also turn down the Cornball and Cliche knobs. Total amateur hour.

Two issues I have with the voting.

1) They showed the judges writing down their choices, but we never saw what they do with those cards

2) After getting the super fans choices, she basically announces to the remaining judges which plate was from where. So they could change their choices if they wanted.

Now say you were one of the super fans. After hearing which plate the Anchor Bar guy chose, do you simply chose the opposite, or the same and hope he chose Duffs?

Let me be clear, I much prefer Duffs and they won.

But the testing was a bad joke for the reasons you note and more. My favorite:

ONE wing? Really? If they were comparing steaks would they get one bite of each steak? Just stupid.

I though the show would be interesting but the host will make me not tune in. It is so obvious she has no idea what she is eating and how it is supposed to taste. " Ok honey try this Italian beef sandwich," "mmmmm its good, and spicy." is this the best the channel could come up with. i love the show Man vs Food because Adam Richman knows what he is talking about. This broad is offensive to broads every where.

This broad is offensive to broads every where.

Agreed. Although I might phrase it, "This woman is offensive to people everywhere."

But, hey, that's me.

She really does suck. And so does the show.

I can say from a LOT of experience I have never had a non-crispy wing from Duffs. Of course, I order them Extra Crispy wherever I go. I like Duffs sauce and their fearlessness when it comes to Extra Hot (or whatever they call their stupid-hot wings these days). They aren't the best wings I have ever had, but they have always been far better than Anchor Bar, IMO. La Nova is average in everything they make, IMO. Average wings and slightly below average pizza.

my wife prefers La Nova. i'm much more of a Casa fan. both just happen to be stumbling distance from home.

jw

ADD: as for wings, we both prefer Duffs. most often we go to Anchor Bar out of convenience or when friends in town visiting.

IMO, North Tonawanda has always been a very good party town. Sounds like it is still going strong. :devil:

Pizza Junction still good?

Since I'm a fellow NT resident, I'll help Wooderson out with this one and will say that North Tonawanda is still going VERY strong in the party/food departments. Pizza Junction is still very good, yet very overpriced as well. There's a place called Good Guys about 5 minutes away from Junction in North Tonawanda that has extremely similar food and will hurt your wallet much less at the same time. In fact, a couple of the owners of Good Guys worked at Pizza Junction for years before opening up their own place. The suggestions that were previously made about Dwyers and Klimeks are on point. If you're looking for a good party and are in the area, stop out at Crazy Jakes which is across the street from Dwyers on Webster Street. Has great bands every Friday and Saturday and is always a great party.

Agreed. Although I might phrase it, "This woman is offensive to people everywhere."

But, hey, that's me.

She really does suck. And so does the show.

I know I was just joking about the broads comment...but seriously she is dreadful.

you have to order extra crispy outside of Buffalo- i tell the guy- when you think they are done - leave them in an extra minute and then they will be done right

That is so damn frustrating down here in the south...part of the problem I've had is that everyone is obsessed with serving labia-wings.

• 2 weeks later...
The wholesale price of wings has doubled in the last decade.

NPR story

When I was in HS, a local bar used to have "McWing Night" on Wednesdays: $0.10 wings (big, meaty ones) + $1.00 Michelob longnecks.

Same here. Wednesday's at Froggers in Orlando. They used to section off an are of the football players. $1 pitchers and 10 cent wings. God I miss college.

Since I'm a fellow NT resident, I'll help Wooderson out with this one and will say that North Tonawanda is still going VERY strong in the party/food departments. Pizza Junction is still very good, yet very overpriced as well. There's a place called Good Guys about 5 minutes away from Junction in North Tonawanda that has extremely similar food and will hurt your wallet much less at the same time. In fact, a couple of the owners of Good Guys worked at Pizza Junction for years before opening up their own place. The suggestions that were previously made about Dwyers and Klimeks are on point. If you're looking for a good party and are in the area, stop out at Crazy Jakes which is across the street from Dwyers on Webster Street. Has great bands every Friday and Saturday and is always a great party.

Spot on Lieutenant.

Good Guys is definitely an underrated gem of a pizza shop.

Junction is still good, but it's not quite as consistent as it used to be...as well as having to put your house up for sale to order a large pizza.

Junction is still good, but it's not quite as consistent as it used to be...as well as having to put your house up for sale to order a large pizza.

When I went to the home opener last year, I made my yearly stop at Junction. I thought the pizza was pretty bad - the quality went way down.

• 1 month later...

I'm watching the "Food Wars: Tucson, Sanora hotdog". One of the three guest tasters is former Bills lineman, John Fina.

Apparently BK >> El Guero Canelo

My business parter went to UofA, but these places weren't around back then.