Gailey on the radio at 3:20 PM today

Mighty Taco

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/02/02/g...dio-appearance/

Gailey radio appearance

Chris Brown

Posted February 2nd, 2010

Tags: Chan Gailey

Bills head coach Chan Gailey will be appearing on the air in Western New York Tuesday afternoon.

Coach Gailey is scheduled to appear on WHTK 1280 AM in Rochester at 3:20 PM this afternoon (Tuesday).

You can listen live at http://whtk.com/main.html.

I got a phone call right in the middle of the interview. Can anyone post the highlights?

PTR

Said he wanted a DC yesterday,probably wont be done filling out the staff until next week,Will evaulate every player from last season,and thinks Maybin will be an exceptional player in a few years.Will be active in FA and that the buck stops with him and Buddy on personal decisions.

I got a phone call right in the middle of the interview. Can anyone post the highlights?

PTR

There were none. It started out with technical difficulties making it sound like Gailey was in the middle of a SCUBA lesson.

It was all the basic canned diplomatic answers you would expect. Any one of us could have stood in for Chan and given the same answers. Somebody ought to manufacture one of those magic 8 ball toys with cliché coaches responses.

Will Marshawn Lynch get into trouble in the off-season?

"all signs point to YES"

Will the Bills make the playoffs in 2010

"Don't Count On It"

Will the Bills draft a QB in the early rounds?

"Ask again later"

Do you anticipate a good crowd in Toronto this year?

"outlook not so good"

And so on....

The closest thing to being substansive was when he answered the question about what areas he thought the Bills had some strength, and he indicated that he thought the secondary looked pretty solid.

So, in a nutshell, we'll be drafting a corner in the first round.

"Concentrate and ask again"

Said he wanted a DC yesterday,probably wont be done filling out the staff until next week,Will evaulate every player from last season,and thinks Maybin will be an exceptional player in a few years.Will be active in FA and that the buck stops with him and Buddy on personal decisions.

That does make it sound like he is indeed waiting on a staff member from one of the Super Bowl teams for the DC position.

There were none. It started out with technical difficulties making it sound like Gailey was in the middle of a SCUBA lesson.

It was all the basic canned diplomatic answers you would expect. Any one of us could have stood in for Chan and given the same answers. Somebody ought to manufacture one of those magic 8 ball toys with cliché coaches responses.

Will Marshawn Lynch get into trouble in the off-season?

"all signs point to YES"

Will the Bills make the playoffs in 2010

"Don't Count On It"

Will the Bills draft a QB in the early rounds?

"Ask again later"

Do you anticipate a good crowd in Toronto this year?

"outlook not so good"

And so on....

The closest thing to being substansive was when he answered the question about what areas he thought the Bills had some strength, and he indicated that he thought the secondary looked pretty solid.

So, in a nutshell, we'll be drafting a corner in the first round.

"Concentrate and ask again"

LOL, I have a magic 8 ball at my desk at work (was given away as a vendor gift). I base all my important business decisions on that thing. It knows everything!!!

He also said Brohm just came out of college recently and would like to evaluate him, thoght Fitz and Edwards did some good things in their career-won some games, said we wont pick up free agents just for the sake of picking them up/just because other teams are doing it, we're not a bad a team as people make us out to be, etc etc

Some people are upset we didn't hear more specifics today, but what do you want from the guy? He was asked if Buffalo was looking to play a 3/4 or a 4/3. He didn't answer the question, so he really didn't say anything. Yes, that is true, but he hasn't hired a DC yet. They haven't evaluated the current talent yet. Would you, if you were the incoming DC, want the HC to have already made this choice, or would you want to have input. The same for personnel. The coaching staff isn't really together yet. They haven't evaluated the current talent yet. He said that was the next project after getting the coaching staff together. How can he make all those choices alone, announcing them on live radio. Actually, the guy sounded earnest and level headed. I was impressed.

Some people are upset we didn't hear more specifics today, but what do you want from the guy? He was asked if Buffalo was looking to play a 3/4 or a 4/3. He didn't answer the question, so he really didn't say anything. Yes, that is true, but he hasn't hired a DC yet. They haven't evaluated the current talent yet. Would you, if you were the incoming DC, want the HC to have already made this choice, or would you want to have input. The same for personnel. The coaching staff isn't really together yet. They haven't evaluated the current talent yet. He said that was the next project after getting the coaching staff together. How can he make all those choices alone, announcing them on live radio. Actually, the guy sounded earnest and level headed. I was impressed.

I agree 100%. He had no choice but to be vague. It appears Gailey and Nix will be a tandem that doesn't tip its hand to anyone al la Bill Belicheat and AJ Smith.

When asked about Vick Gailey pretty much said we will play anyone that will help make us win. Never said yes or no on signing Vick, was vague.

He can't say anything about signing Vick, as Vick is currently under contract by another team...