Alternative to WGR 550

jscap

I don't think Brad won't take callers. I don't think many people are calling! I've called and have gotten on in minutes. WECK doesn't have the listeners that WGR does. The signal isn't great, especially at night. And WECK is a shoestring operation. They can't afford a lot of advertising. Brad probably gets more listeners online than over the air.

PTR

I've heard him talk about it. He's said he'd rather to talk to Scott and Tom than talk to callers, and really doesn't want to talk to callers.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like many can't tolerate the afternoon show on 550. Brad Riter has a show on 1230 at the same time and honestly it is like a breath of fresh air. He has guests and actually talks sports not about movies or music or playing silly games. I listen to Simon in the morning and thats not a bad show but Dope and the Bulldog is intolerable. :flirt:

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F WGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

These guys are so pessimistic. They get so upset at the Bills for stupid media reasons. All as they kept talking about today was the fact that Buddy Nix said 80% of the stuff reported was false. They were so caught up on that because they felt it was a shot at the media...well good! I hope it was! The media is getting worse by the day. Who in there right mind would expect a franchise of any sort to come out and list guys that were interviewed for a job when they just hired a new coach? They attack the Bills like they are the only team doing this. If I'm a CEO of a company, and I'm announcing my new hire for a high ranking position, am I going to stand before the company employees and talk about who I interviewed???? It just doesn't happen. WGR550 was once my favorite station but I find myself turning it off more and more lately because they are just taking things too personal and being way too pessimistic. Howard and the morning crew are ok in my book but even they have been getting on my nerves lately. Schopp and the Bulldog are just a terrible combination and need to go!!!!

woops..continued...She calls them whiners!!!! grown men whining all the time! I always tolerated their mumbling...but lately I turn it on..see what they are talking about...and turn it off! They whine about a lot and offer few solutions! If I turn it back on the next hour sure enough they are talking about the same subject often repeating the same views they already stated! 9:15 A.M. still going strong beating to death the same crap! Sometimes talking about American Idol and other subjects....What the heck?? How did they win the Marconi Award? That award must be a joke....I used to love to listen to Coach Chuck Dickerson...He rarely bored me and I really liked his show a lot...Yeah, he'd talk of cigars a bit..and smelly jockstraps and a few stupid things...But he had personality! I sure miss the Coach! These guys really blow oats! Morning and Afternoon...but yeah, the morning is a little more tolerable at times. I like Howard Simon...but I'm tired of hearing about his personal life...NY,...His brothers, how cheap he is, how little hair he has etc.....I WANT SPORTS ! WGR550 AM isn't suppose to be the "e" channel..I don't care about gossip, celebrities....Darn it...it's sports time! :flirt:

I've heard him talk about it. He's said he'd rather to talk to Scott and Tom than talk to callers, and really doesn't want to talk to callers.

I think he has said he doesn't want to talk to caller that don't have anything interesting to say. Folks who's opinion begins and ends with "Bills Suck, Fire the coach" generally do not make for very interesting radio.

I have seen the whole Buddy Nix and Chan press conference at BB.com and I have heard others referring to "his shot at Sullivan" but which shot was it?

Anybosy know? If so, PLEASE share. I have got to know!

Thanks! Go BillS!

Maybe around 23:30 if I remember correctly. Sullivan wanted to challange Nix's comment about 80% of the media speculation being completely false, and 20% having at least a shade of truth. Sullivan said Nix needed to back that statement up and asked if Brian Shotty was contacted/offered the job. Nix said something along the lines of following suit with media protocol and not needing to back up a statement.

"I thought that's how we play this game".

Think about it...he's not going to admit no one is calling. It's called C.Y.A. Next time he says that, call WECK and see how quick you get through.

PTR