Lane Kiffin taking USC Job

I totaly agree my man, but the students play football as an extra curriculum not for a paycheck and thats how the NCAA see's it

OK thats fine but as an employee of a company I have to stick to the contract I signed. I can't ditch out on an employer who I have a signed agreement with because I found a better job. As an employee (With a signed contract) I have more of an obligation to my employer then a student that pays to (I know some go on scholarship) go to a school does to its school.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK thats fine but as an employee of a company I have to stick to the contract I signed. I can't ditch out on an employer who I have a signed agreement with because I found a better job.

Are you kidding me? Happens quite frequently.

Maybe Al Davis was right about Lane Kiffin after all...

He is right. Kiffin came to UT, made a total jerk out of himself by making ridiculous accusations about Urban Meyer and did a crappy job while he was coaching. In his press conference, after Kiffin heaped nothing but kind words for UT, a reporter asked Kiffin "Out of respect for Tennessee fans, can you answer three questions?". Kiffin just walked away. Gutless SOB.

This was a boom-or-bust, swing for the fences hire by USC. They pushed all their chips into the center and gave the NCAA two middle fingers. No other explanation for bringing back a dirty coach while a pending investigation is about to be underway.

Sadly, I think the gutless turds at the NCAA will fold. They won't slaughter the cash cow in East LA.

Do contracts in college mean nothing? I mean its like the wildwest out there. I poach your coach then you poach another teams coach. Why are college coaching contracts meaningless? I mean really if I had a son who was a top recruit and Lane Kiffin was recruiting him I would ask how can you sell my son to have loyalty and commitment when you will just run out of town when an NFL job opens up.

I mean Kiffin showed up at the door steps of recruits while he was at Tenn and promised them he would be there and coach their kids for 4 years. And Kiffin isn't the only one Nick Saban lied to the Fins saying he would be back and then took the Alabama job and he has the balls to preach integrity to his recruits/players.

I hate college football but this is ridiculous how could a contract blatantly mean nothing. How can a contract in the NFL (Head Coaching wise) be iron clad while in college its worth nothing. AND if a guy gets fired he gets all the money on the contract yet he can leave town any time he wants.

ok, first off

Lane Kiffin never bolted anywhere for the NFL, he was FIRED by al davis and went to UT, there's no possible way he couldve predicted carrol would go to seattle. Any time a coach quits a job, they lose all future compensation, if they get fired, they still get paid. As such was the peculation with del rio. Saban is a great college coach, much better suited for the college game, at least he realized it. and no contract is "Iron Clad" a coach can get fired or quit at any time, its all about the compensation given, if any.

Bottom line is Kiffin went back to his comfort zone, like petrino, saban, spurrier and many others, I dont get what all the fuss is about

I'm hearing Kiffin's buyout was only $800K. Very cheap. Tennessee was stupid for putting that in his contract. They made it easy for him to leave. I bet they will write escalators in a buyout next time if the coach leaves so close to National Signing Day. Tennessee is in big trouble concerning recruiting. Hopefully, their recruits really want to play at UT.

Are you kidding me? Happens quite frequently.

Companies often sue for breech of contract. I can't skip out on a company just because a opportunity came up at another company. If I did that I would get sued and probably end up having to pay the company I left a lot of money.

Bottom line is Kiffin went back to his comfort zone, like petrino, saban, spurrier and many others, I dont get what all the fuss is about

The main thing the fuss is about is the student-athletes. These coaches go into homes and tell parents that their kid is going to be well looked after for 4 years while they're away in college. Then they leave for greener pastures leaving these same kids behind. But it's not 100% the coaches fault,imo. They're stuck in a no win situation.If they ever want to change jobs they're going to upset somebody. New rules need to be enacted to limit the coaching changes to a specific time window in order to minimize the negative effects on the kids.

ok, first off

Lane Kiffin never bolted anywhere for the NFL, he was FIRED by al davis and went to UT, there's no possible way he couldve predicted carrol would go to seattle. Any time a coach quits a job, they lose all future compensation, if they get fired, they still get paid. As such was the peculation with del rio. Saban is a great college coach, much better suited for the college game, at least he realized it. and no contract is "Iron Clad" a coach can get fired or quit at any time, its all about the compensation given, if any.

I think you misread my post I said how could Kiffin look me in my eye and talk about loyalty and integrity when he bolted from UT. I said if I had a son who was a top Football recruit and Kiffin came to my house and said I will be here for the length of your sons tenure I would ask What is going to stop you from taking a job in the NFL 2 years from now.

AND YOU REALLY DON'T SEE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS KIFFIN RECRUITED KIDS AT UT AND I AM PRETTY SURE THAT KIFFIN TOLD THEM HE WOULD BE THERE FOR 4 YEARS. HE LIED TO HIS UT RECRUITS AND BOLTED ON THEM ONCE HE GOT A BETTER OPPORTUNITY. HE IS A LIAR AND A FRAUD. WHY IS THE CONTRACT "IRON CLAD" FOR THE COACH PAY WISE BUT THE SCHOOL COULD GET SCREWED BY THE COACH AT ANY TIME NOT TO RETIRE BUT TO GO TO ANOTHER SCHOOL.

Its a BS system and Nick Sabin was wanted by the Dolphins and lied to his players saying that he would be back right to their face.

AND YOU REALLY DON'T SEE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS KIFFIN RECRUITED KIDS AT UT AND I AM PRETTY SURE THAT KIFFIN TOLD THEM HE WOULD BE THERE FOR 4 YEARS. HE LIED TO HIS UT RECRUITS AND BOLTED ON THEM ONCE HE GOT A BETTER OPPORTUNITY. HE IS A LIAR AND A FRAUD. WHY IS THE CONTRACT "IRON CLAD" FOR THE COACH PAY WISE BUT THE SCHOOL COULD GET SCREWED BY THE COACH AT ANY TIME NOT TO RETIRE BUT TO GO TO ANOTHER SCHOOL.

Its a BS system and Nick Sabin was wanted by the Dolphins and lied to his players saying that he would be back right to their face.

you're pretty sure, so you dont really know, therefore you THINK he lied. and as I aid before IF A COACH QUITS OUTRIGHT HE GETS NOTHING, HIS CONTRACT IS NOT IRON CLAD, sometimes there is a buy out if he asks to be released to go elsewhere, however in many cases if the coach is terminated then a portion if not all of his guaranteed money will be paid in full.

I dont think kiffins recruiting prowess was great enough in 1 yr to be that big of a deal, besides if kids want they can transfer, Ryan Mallett did...

Companies often sue for breech of contract. I can't skip out on a company just because a opportunity came up at another company. If I did that I would get sued and probably end up having to pay the company I left a lot of money.

I think you are still confused. It's either stay with your current contract and don't get sued, or take the other job and risk suit- you decide based on the incentives of either action, but you are free to breach contract whenever you want. Thus, you can skip out on a company, but you risk suit- you are still free to do it (barring a covenant to compete, but even that can be negotiated away), but you bear the consequences.

I'd like to see SC get hit with some very stiff penalties after the NCAA finishes their investigations.

I have no respect for Kiffin as a person. News says they're trying to bring back Norm Chow to run the O. Too bad. Norm's a great guy.

We knew Del Rio wasn't going, and now neither will Jeff Fisher. The Oakland job looks to be the only other NFL head coaching gig that'll be open this year. Take your time and get it right.

Oh, and I knew Kiffin was a douche.

LMAO getting that !@#$ up couldn't happen to a better program :censored:

I'd like to see SC get hit with some very stiff penalties after the NCAA finishes their investigations.

I have no respect for Kiffin as a person. News says they're trying to bring back Norm Chow to run the O. Too bad. Norm's a great guy.

I don't give a damn what he says, Carroll knows some serious **** is coming down on USC for him to leave so fast.

I don't give a damn what he says, Carroll knows some serious **** is coming down on USC for him to leave so fast.

That's the rumor. Supposedly the NCAA is going to bring the hammer down on them. They're about due to make some sort of splash anyway. Hammering USC would definitely send a message.