Lane Kiffin taking USC Job

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...ssee/index.html

Wow! What a :censored: !

"Later Tuesday, Volquest.com reported that former Tennessee recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron -- part of Kiffin's advance team already in Los Angeles -- called several Tennessee commitments and offered them scholarships to USC. The site reported that several early enrollees, in the locker room for their first meeting with their new Tennessee teammates, turned on their speaker phones so other players could hear Orgeron. If that accusation is 100 percent true, it will enrage other coaches, who already hated the way Kiffin and his staffers flouted the written and unwritten rules of recruiting. Even in the cutthroat world of football recruiting, it's considered extremely bad form to leave a program and then try to raid your old school's recruiting class."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a BS system and Nick Sabin was wanted by the Dolphins and lied to his players saying that he would be back right to their face.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but don't compare Kiffin's situation with Saban's. Saban lied to grown men....Kiffin lied to young men whose parents trusted him to take care of their children. BIG difference.

you're pretty sure, so you dont really know, therefore you THINK he lied. and as I aid before IF A COACH QUITS OUTRIGHT HE GETS NOTHING, HIS CONTRACT IS NOT IRON CLAD, sometimes there is a buy out if he asks to be released to go elsewhere, however in many cases if the coach is terminated then a portion if not all of his guaranteed money will be paid in full.

I dont think kiffins recruiting prowess was great enough in 1 yr to be that big of a deal, besides if kids want they can transfer, Ryan Mallett did...

There is no way that Kiffin told his UT recruits hey I am going to bolt once the USC job opens up. KIFFIN IS A FRAUD there is no way around it. Thanks to Kiffin a year of recruits are now going to be stuck without their coach and if they want to leave they loose a year. So a bunch of kids are stuck without their coach and will loose out on a year of football if they leave.

There is no way that Kiffin told his UT recruits hey I am going to bolt once the USC job opens up. KIFFIN IS A FRAUD there is no way around it. Thanks to Kiffin a year of recruits are now going to be stuck without their coach and if they want to leave they loose a year. So a bunch of kids are stuck without their coach and will loose out on a year of football if they leave.

Kiffin's a scumbag...but that's not entirely true. Current recruits can transfer without losing a year of eligibility as long as they haven't enrolled in classes yet.

That is why Orgeron (another scumbag) was speed dialing Tennessee's early enrollees yesterday and trying to poach them to USC. Class starts today. So as long as they don't go to class and officially enroll, they won't lose their year.

Recruits that aren't coming until next fall have plenty of time to change their mind with no repercussions.

But you are right, it sucks. And I think sometime soon you will see the NCAA do something about it. Whether it is anti-tampering or whatever...

Kiffin's a scumbag...but that's not entirely true. Current recruits can transfer without losing a year of eligibility as long as they haven't enrolled in classes yet.

That is why Orgeron (another scumbag) was speed dialing Tennessee's early enrollees yesterday and trying to poach them to USC. Class starts today. So as long as they don't go to class and officially enroll, they won't lose their year.

Recruits that aren't coming until next fall have plenty of time to change their mind with no repercussions.

But you are right, it sucks. And I think sometime soon you will see the NCAA do something about it. Whether it is anti-tampering or whatever...

I was talking about last years recruits who were recruited by Kiffin at UT. I could be wrong but if you have played a year then you have to sit a year in order to transfer

I was talking about last years recruits who were recruited by Kiffin at UT. I could be wrong but if you have played a year then you have to sit a year in order to transfer

Oh for sure...I thought you were talking about this current class.

I feel bad for last year's bunch...but at least they have each other. Might bring them closer as a group. The guys who just moved their **** into a dorm in Knoxville on Saturday are the ones who's heads must be spinning though.

Companies often sue for breech of contract. I can't skip out on a company just because a opportunity came up at another company. If I did that I would get sued and probably end up having to pay the company I left a lot of money.

I think you are confusing/combining employment contracts with other contracts.

Most employment contracts have some sort of out clause built in. As long as the parameters of the out clause are met, the employer has no grounds for a lawsuit (they still may try, however).

In this case, if Kiffin has an $800k buyout clause (and assuming that is the only parameter of the clause), as long as Tenn receives that $800k, there is not a damn thing the university can do to stop Kiffin from saying "C-ya".

Why has Lane Kiffin been able to gt all these great jobs? He was an abscure college coordinator suddenly elevated to coach the Raiders, then HC at Tennessee, now USC???

Is he that great?

Yes he has a good chance to be "that great". Being only 35 or so... he is an excellent coach!

All this dissing of Lane Kiffin is disgusting. The kid was an EXCELLENT offensive coordinator for USC, genius level. When he was offered the job at Oakland, who wouldn't take that? Sadly, Al Davis IS a scumbag and set Kiffin up to fail. Regardless, Kiffin began showing glimpses that even the woeful Raiders could become something again. Too bad he was fired in favor of Cable (Al Davis is such an idiot).

When offered the Tennessee job, that is also something he couldn't turn down. And a good job at Tennessee Kiffin did! Recruiting went way up and they were competitive in the great SEC (nearly beating Alabama mind you). I'm sure he was planning on being there for 10 years or at least until his dream job at USC opened. Well, it didn't take 10 years, and I'm positive USC was romancing Kiffin to the point he couldn't resist. I'm sure he feels for the Volunteer nation, and I do too, but would any of you Kiffin haters be willing to give up your dream job if offered? I know I wouldn't.

All this dissing of Lane Kiffin is disgusting. The kid was an EXCELLENT offensive coordinator for USC, genius level.

I'm not so sure about this point. I remember when Kiffen was hired as Raiders HC,the Raider fans around here were pissed that the kid wasn't qualified to be a HC. Thats because even tho he had the title of OC at USC,he really wasn't the one coordinating the O. That was being done by Steve Sarkisian,who had the title of Asst. HC and QB coach,and was Davis's first choice for Raider HC. When Sarkisian turned down Davis,he hired his understudy,Kiffen. So Kiffen is somewhat an unknown commodity when it comes to X's and O's.