Lane Kiffin taking USC Job

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We knew Del Rio wasn't going, and now neither will Jeff Fisher. The Oakland job looks to be the only other NFL head coaching gig that'll be open this year. Take your time and get it right.

Oh, and I knew Kiffin was a douche.

Why has Lane Kiffin been able to gt all these great jobs? He was an abscure college coordinator suddenly elevated to coach the Raiders, then HC at Tennessee, now USC???

Is he that great?

Do contracts in college mean nothing? I mean its like the wildwest out there. I poach your coach then you poach another teams coach. Why are college coaching contracts meaningless? I mean really if I had a son who was a top recruit and Lane Kiffin was recruiting him I would ask how can you sell my son to have loyalty and commitment when you will just run out of town when an NFL job opens up.

I mean Kiffin showed up at the door steps of recruits while he was at Tenn and promised them he would be there and coach their kids for 4 years. And Kiffin isn't the only one Nick Saban lied to the Fins saying he would be back and then took the Alabama job and he has the balls to preach integrity to his recruits/players.

I hate college football but this is ridiculous how could a contract blatantly mean nothing. How can a contract in the NFL (Head Coaching wise) be iron clad while in college its worth nothing. AND if a guy gets fired he gets all the money on the contract yet he can leave town any time he wants.

Do contracts in college mean nothing? I mean its like the wildwest out there. I poach your coach then you poach another teams coach. Why are college coaching contracts meaningless? I mean really if I had a son who was a top recruit and Lane Kiffin was recruiting him I would ask how can you sell my son to have loyalty and commitment when you will just run out of town when an NFL job opens up.

I mean Kiffin showed up at the door steps of recruits while he was at Tenn and promised them he would be there and coach their kids for 4 years. And Kiffin isn't the only one Nick Saban lied to the Fins saying he would be back and then took the Alabama job and he has the balls to preach integrity to his recruits/players.

I hate college football but this is ridiculous how could a contract blatantly mean nothing. How can a contract in the NFL (Head Coaching wise) be iron clad while in college its worth nothing. AND if a guy gets fired he gets all the money on the contract yet he can leave town any time he wants.

What makes it much worse is the hypocrisy. In Division I, if a player transfers to a different school, he must sit out a year.

It's a double standard which I see no justification for.

What makes it much worse is the hypocrisy. In Division I, if a player transfers to a different school, he must sit out a year.

It's a double standard which I see no justification for.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some rules changes coming. It takes a while for things like that to happen in college, but my guess is something will happen in the next few years.

Why has Lane Kiffin been able to gt all these great jobs? He was an abscure college coordinator suddenly elevated to coach the Raiders, then HC at Tennessee, now USC???

Is he that great?

Obscure and random don't have nearly the same meaning. Being the OC of the top college football team is hardly an obscure coordinator.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some rules changes coming. It takes a while for things like that to happen in college, but my guess is something will happen in the next few years.

They need to have a no tampering rule. Make it so there is a certain time of the year where the schools would make their coaching changes.