Spectacular Day!!!

Kipers Hair

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's 22 years old and hasn't had a single offseason to bulk up. Way, way too early..

He already put on what, 25-30 pounds last offeseason? And he's gonna do it again? I don't think so. He blows, was never worth the #11 overall pick, and will never be a starting DE in the NFL. Period. And all the "too smart for the rest of us" crew will be saying the same thing, only 2 years down the line.

I don't recall anyone ever saying that about Bruce Smith.

It's perfectly obvious to me that Maybin was drafted in anticipation of DJ being fired and a defensive switch to a 3-4 scheme. They are letting him take his licks now at DE thinking that he will be prepared to be a dominating LB in the 3-4. At least, I would like to think that is the logic there.

It has also been obvious to me that the guy was born to be an OLB and until we see him utilized in that way, I think it is premature to call him a bust. But it is more than clear that we can all forget about him ever playing DE at a satisfactory level in the NFL.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. 1) They drafted last year in anticipation of firing Dick Jauron and completely replacing the defensive scheme? You don't honestly believe that, do you? You think DJ was anticipating his own demise? 2) He never played OLB in college, how exactly is he 'born' to be one? Because he's too small to be DE? Does Maybin have the recognition skills to play LB? Does he have the lateral quickness? Can he cover? Can he take on guards at the second level? I think you should be able to answer all these questions - and you can't - before you start saying he was 'born' to play OLB.

Look, I really, really hope I'm wrong on this. But I think now, more than ever, that Maybin is a bust.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. 1) They drafted last year in anticipation of firing Dick Jauron and completely replacing the defensive scheme? You don't honestly believe that, do you? You think DJ was anticipating his own demise? 2) He never played OLB in college, how exactly is he 'born' to be one? Because he's too small to be DE? Does Maybin have the recognition skills to play LB? Does he have the lateral quickness? Can he cover? Can he take on guards at the second level? I think you should be able to answer all these questions - and you can't - before you start saying he was 'born' to play OLB.

Look, I really, really hope I'm wrong on this. But I think now, more than ever, that Maybin is a bust.

I think it is more likely that the Bills might eventually "dumb themselves" into the move but he is pretty much right on. Most 3-4 OLB's play DE in college so it's not as far-fetched as you're making it out to be. Yes, Maybin was born the play 3-4 OLB and he will likely be next year with the names that have been thrown around for Head Coach.

Can anyone imagine this board if WE had drafted Mario Williams instead of Reggie Bush?

BWAHAHA! I really hope you're not implying Maybin will turn out to be anywhere near MW. More like Erik Flowers. I really cannot recall an NFL player getting as consistently tossed around like a rag doll as Maybin.

Can anyone imagine this board if WE had drafted Mario Williams instead of Reggie Bush?

I don't see the similarities at all. The biggest issue with drafting Maybin is he was/is a project. The BILLS aren't in a position to take on projects when there was tremendous value on the board when they selected.

I don't know if Maybin's a bust and frankly it's stupid to even waste the energy talking about it at this point. I do KNOW the BILLS made a mistake picking him, at a minimum in the short term.

I don't see the similarities at all. The biggest issue with drafting Maybin is he was/is a project. The BILLS aren't in a position to take on projects when there was tremendous value on the board when they selected.

I don't know if Maybin's a bust and frankly it's stupid to even waste the energy talking about it at this point. I do KNOW the BILLS made a mistake picking him, at a minimum in the short term.

All I'm saying is we write off players way to soon. I mean it's ridiculous. The kid is a 22 year old rookie. There is no point in talking about it right now, but I get sick of players getting slammed up and down this board.

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. We won't know for sure for a couple years. Giving up on a project 11 games into his career is just plain stupid.

This is where I disagree. A very wise caoch was once quoted as saying the key to his success was his ability to tell the difference between a donkey and a race horse...Maybin is no race horse, it is clearly evident - we do not need any more film to clarify this. He is not nearly and never will be stout enough to stand up against the run - no center of gravity on that bean pole body. Take the lack of sacks out of the picture - he is so raw, our coaching staff barely uses him ahead of...Kris Kelsey? One day, he may mature and learn enough technique to be a serviceable OLB or rushing end in this league, but as the 11th pick - a wasteful bust, just like Whitner....just like Lynch. Serviceable and parhaps will have a career, but for where we took them - bad moves.

:rolleyes: - Complete waste of a roster spot. If only we had kept Hargrove instead....

do you not recall Hargrove using up his third and fourth opportunities with Buffalo? He was suspended for a year iirc for violating the substance policy.

do you not recall Hargrove using up his third and fourth opportunities with Buffalo? He was suspended for a year iirc for violating the substance policy.

Back in the league my friend...back in New Orleans - 29 tackles and 3 sacks as a situational player....