Are you fricken KIDDING ME

Come on. Troy Vincent is Troy Vincent. Expecting Troy Vincent to play a full season without missing games is like expecting a Buffalo winter without snow. Anyone remember the last time he played a full season? The 2000 season. This is Vincent's 13th season in the league. In 13 years as a player he's only played a full season 4 times. 2000 was an aberation because the only other 3 seasons he did it was back to back to back in 95,96,97.

He's also a union activist, so he's gonna take care of number 1 before he takes care of anything else.

This is just another in a long line Teflon Tom gaffes. The Teflon man knows how to throw stevestojan in our faces and convince us that they're roses. He is the king of horse stevestojan.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine who is a die hard Eagles fan said him and a lot of other Eagles fans used to accuse TV of the same thing: Taking too long to come back from injury. This is nothing new if you go ask Eagles fans.

----------

just curious how many of those Eagles fans are team doctors.

It is kind of strange if you do a search there isn't much information on exactly what the injury was. There's no shortage of reports that he injured his knee and had arthoscopic surgery, but curiously little to no information on the injury itself. A large number of them simply say "Bills coach Mike Mularkey refused to reveal the extent of the injury". I found this one on football.com, but who knows how accurate it is:

CB Troy Vincent – Bills

Out: Vincent is expected to miss at least two weeks after having arthroscopic surgery to repair torn cartilage in his right knee.

football.com

I absolutely do not question his desire or willingness to play - and believe if the knee was strong/healthy enough he would be in there. My concern more is that either the injury was worse than they thought or maybe they even botched the diagnosis or the surgery and possibly did not repair it properly/completely - and as a result it just is not healing like it should.

A friend of mine who is a die hard Eagles fan said him and a lot of other Eagles fans used to accuse TV of the same thing: Taking too long to come back from injury. This is nothing new if you go ask Eagles fans.

----------

123197[/snapback]

He has a reputation for this, and that is the point.

Im not sure if its a concidience.

I hate to question someone coming back from injuries, they are human, Im just a fan, but it does make you wonder.

If he has a reputation of being injured an having a bum leg then it's up to management not to sign him in the offseason or the leadership on this team calling him out.

I saw in in Atlanta when Chipper called out JD early in the season saying that even if he plays at 80% they need him in the lineup. JD went on to play in more games than he ever has the remainder of the year....and is probably going to get paid handsomely from some other team b/c of it.

Gotta have leadership.......which the Bills lack.

That being said.....I believe Troy isn't milking it b/c of the location of the injury.

A friend of mine who is a die hard Eagles fan said him and a lot of other Eagles fans used to accuse TV of the same thing:  Taking too long to come back from injury.  This is nothing new if you go ask Eagles fans.

123195[/snapback]

They're world renown for their fairness and objectivity. :lol:

I'm making the assumption that Vincent is a guy with a great attitude, and that he honestly just can't play. Bills Daily reports that the knee just is not getting any better. Makes me wonder if his career is done. He's 34 now, I just can't see the Bills wanting to keep damaged goods haning around next year especially since he'll be 35.

There was similar wonderment here in Cincy, regarding WR Peter Warrick's leg injury - shinbone, I believe. He played one game, sat out, played a bit, and is now out for the season (the team's 13th player to go on IR).

B'gals HC Lewis, in response to questions a week or so before he was declared out, said that people's medical conditions and records, as a matter of law, cannot be revealed.

Perhaps this is the case with the Bills appearent silence.

yeah, an 80% corner against either Holt(if he plays) or Bruce makes sense.....

it's not an arm injury, it's a knee injury and I'm sure if the guy could go and make a difference he would.

123138[/snapback]

ill take vincent 80% over mcgee 100%.

3) Is this a way for him to draw some cash before retiring this offseason?  hey don't rule it out.  The guy is what 34?  how many years has he played?  he just got another 2-3 mill in his pocket.  Is it time for him to retire?

123140[/snapback]

Before the season, TV said that he expects to be a billionaire before 40 with all of his various investments. If you expect to be a billionaire in 5-10 years, I don't think the extra 1-2M he's making from the Bills is that big a deal to him.

CW

I love the asskissing and excuses made for PRO Athletes. LMAO :D But hey, Let's give the players rep to the NFLPA the benifit of the doubt. The guy that really has ZERO loyalty to the Buffalo Bills since he only played a game or two and signed this offseason.

Yeah I am sure he is really hurt bad.... :rolleyes:

I love the asskissing and excuses made for PRO Athletes. LMAO  :D  But hey, Let's give the players rep to the NFLPA the benifit of the doubt. The guy that really has ZERO loyalty to the Buffalo Bills since he only played a game or two and signed this offseason.

Yeah I am sure he is really hurt bad.... :rolleyes:

123430[/snapback]

Yeah, not everyone can have your high standards of integrity. :D

Yeah, not everyone can have your high standards of integrity.  :rolleyes:

123443[/snapback]

You're right darin. I will now just sit here like the rest of you and believe everything these multimillionare spoiled brats are telling us. Oh and make sure no more complaints because TD is doing the right thing...me must believe him. :D

----------

123197[/snapback]

Not saying it's the case one way or another, but I have two very good friends, who are lifelong Eagles Fans, who said the exact same thing to me last week...

You're right darin. I will now just sit here like the rest of you and believe everything these multimillionare spoiled brats are telling us.  Oh and make sure no more complaints because TD is doing the right thing...me must believe him.  :rolleyes:

123447[/snapback]

As opposed to an unpaid know it all Monday morning quarterback? I know, I know, your injury was worse than Willis McGahee's and throwing a telephone pole is tougher than lining up 16 Sundays a year.

Troy Vincent is now a spoiled brat? Nothing like pissing on one of the professional sports' good guys because of your own shortcomings.