Report: Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs Looking At Bills Buyout?

Doc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wben.com/Report--Bruins-O...t-Bill/3037065

Jacobs is from Buffalo. So it's plausible.

ugh...I would be happy the Bills would remain in WNY...but VERY pissed that this jackass is the new owner.

I worked for this fool at Delaware North Companies and I think he is such a DICK...and we just got rid of 1 of those!

"This is his hometown, it's also his corporate base, and if the Bills are to move out of Ralph Wilson's control at some point, there are very few people in WNY with the financial wherewithal to keep the team here and Jeremy Jacobs would be one of them," Kelley said. . "... Mr. Jacobs' is a very astute businessman and he knows exactly what the costs would be including trying to find the funds for a new stadium and that would be a priority for any new owner."

Hmmm, so what's not to like?

"This is his hometown, it's also his corporate base, and if the Bills are to move out of Ralph Wilson's control at some point, there are very few people in WNY with the financial wherewithal to keep the team here and Jeremy Jacobs would be one of them," Kelley said. . "... Mr. Jacobs' is a very astute businessman and he knows exactly what the costs would be including trying to find the funds for a new stadium and that would be a priority for any new owner."

Hmmm, so what's not to like?

Bruins fans hate what he's done to the team. The concern is that he continues to be cheap, with the Bills.

ugh...I would be happy the Bills would remain in WNY...but VERY pissed that this jackass is the new owner.

I worked for this fool at Delaware North Companies and I think he is such a DICK...and we just got rid of 1 of those!

Probably more like worked for the guy who worked for the guy who worked for the guy who worked for Jacobs.

Because you don't like the guy we're supposed to prefer the Bills leave town? Oh, I forgot, there are so many other successful DICKS out there who can step in to help save the team.

Probably more like worked for the guy who worked for the guy who worked for the guy who worked for Jacobs.

Because you don't like the guy we're supposed to prefer the Bills leave town? Oh, I forgot, there are so many other successful DICKS out there who can step in to help save the team.

Jacobs is very unpopular among Boston Bruins fans. This is a fact. If he were part of an ownership group, fine. If he had a controlling interest in the team, I would be less than enthused.

Jacobs is very unpopular among Boston Bruins fans. This is a fact. If he were part of an ownership group, fine. If he had a controlling interest in the team, I would be less than enthused.

I'd be even less enthused if they were playing in LA or any other town. Like, no enthusiasm, at all.

I would be overjoyed if this happens in any way. The bruins fans hate jacobs because he wouldn't spend 80 million lkike the rangers and red wings while 12k people were attending. He has done fine with a salary cap in place. They are right up against it.

Call me crazy, but it looks here (to me) that there's a hell of a lot more post season activity for the Boston Bruins over the last decade than the Buffalo Bills. I'd take Nancy Pelosi for an owner if it meant keeping the team in Buffalo.

2009 -- defeated Montreal, 4-0, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

lost to Carolina, 4-3, Eastern Conf. semifinals

2008 -- lost to Montreal, 4-3, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

2004 -- lost to Montreal, 4-3, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

2003 -- lost to New Jersey, 4-1, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

2002 -- lost to Montreal, 4-2, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

1999 -- defeated Carolina, 4-2, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

lost to Buffalo, 4-2, Eastern Conf. semifinals

Call me crazy, but it looks here (to me) that there's a hell of a lot more post season activity for the Boston Bruins over the last decade than the Buffalo Bills. I'd take Nancy Pelosi for an owner if it meant keeping the team in Buffalo.

2009 -- defeated Montreal, 4-0, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

lost to Carolina, 4-3, Eastern Conf. semifinals

2008 -- lost to Montreal, 4-3, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

2004 -- lost to Montreal, 4-3, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

2003 -- lost to New Jersey, 4-1, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

2002 -- lost to Montreal, 4-2, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

1999 -- defeated Carolina, 4-2, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

lost to Buffalo, 4-2, Eastern Conf. semifinals

Comparing NHL post seasons activity to NFL post season activity is laughable. Why?

Because making the playoffs in the NHL is a joke to begin with.

In the NHL, you have 15 teams vying for 8 spots.

That means each team has better than a 50% chance of making the playoffs.

In the NFL, you have 16 teams vying for 6 spots.

That means each team has about 38% chance of making the playoffs.

Jacobs is famous for not trying to win. He wants to keep things under budget. All you people who have accused Ralph of being cheap...you're gonna find out what a cheap owner really is!

PTR

Zdeno Chara, Marc Savard, Tim Thomas, Patrice Bergeron, David Krejci, Marco Sturm, Dennis Wideman and Derek Morris -- all Bruins who are making big money -- disagree. The Bruins are fifth in the NHL in cap hit.

Im all for it he seems like a guy who made some mistakes early but learned from them. On the downside I could picture him and erie county getting in some nasty debates over a new stadium.

His mistake was trusting Harry Sinden as long as he did.

hey, there's a plethora of billionaires in WNY just waiting to put in a bid for an NFL team... :worthy:

if you find a time machine and head back to 1902.

Hey, Bob Rich is still around... no, he went to Florida. :lol: He was in Cleveland once for the MLB meetings and he was waving a blank check around and when told what the expansion fee would be, promptly barfed all over the Flats.

How bout that Danny Wegman character. Is the Schoellkopf family still around? How bout Tommy G. oh yeah, he also went to Florida.

:lol: ARGH, me and Bobby Rich are gittin booty off da Keys...we plunder the shuffleBORED leagues for rare jewels, spices and BOOTY :beer::devil:

hey, there's a plethora of billionaires in WNY just waiting to put in a bid for an NFL team... :worthy:

if you find a time machine and head back to 1902.

Hey, Bob Rich is still around... no, he went to Florida. :lol: He was in Cleveland once for the MLB meetings and he was waving a blank check around and when told what the expansion fee would be, promptly barfed all over the Flats.

How bout that Danny Wegman character. Is the Schoellkopf family still around? How bout Tommy G. oh yeah, he also went to Florida.

:lol: ARGH, me and Bobby Rich are gittin booty off da Keys...we plunder the shuffleBORED leagues for rare jewels, spices and BOOTY :beer::devil:

Wait didn't Jacobs live just down the road from the Knoxes? Hell their polo grounds would buy the Bills.

Wait didn't Jacobs live just down the road from the Knoxes? Hell their polo grounds would buy the Bills.

That sounds familiar. The Knoxes have also moved out of the area. Jacobs being tied to a Bills purchase isn't new. Heard this for at least five years now... sell the Bruins, buy the Bills. Is the interest genuine? No idea. IIRC, in the book Swados authored, Jacobs had an interest in being part of ownership for baseball expansion in Buffalo in the 60s? I think that's when Steinbrenner also had an interest there. Swados mentions Jacobs a lot in the book, with much of it being Buffalo-centric not about owning the Bruins so much.