Beer vs. Wine

BillsFanNC

Anyone ever try Trappist beer? Wiki.

A Trappist beer is a beer brewed by or under control of Trappist monks. Of the world's 171 Trappist monasteries (as of April 2005), seven produce beer (six in Belgium and one in the Netherlands). Only these seven breweries are authorized to label their beers with the Authentic Trappist Product logo that indicates a compliance to various rules edicted by the International Trappist Association

I've always wanted to, but just can't justify paying wine prices for a bottle of beer.

I no longer drink beer I only drink wine. I will say that the availability of artisan or craft beers over the years has grown and much better than it used to be it will never match the wine experience in my mind. Walk into a wine store and be amazed at all the different wines to choose from and that is only a very small percentage of what's available. Take a trip to wine counry, almost every state has one. Not too many beer countries out there. In my opinion wine wins hands down.

I no longer drink beer I only drink wine. I will say that the availability of artisan or craft beers over the years has grown and much better than it used to be it will never match the wine experience in my mind. Walk into a wine store and be amazed at all the different wines to choose from and that is only a very small percentage of what's available. Take a trip to wine counry, almost every state has one. Not too many beer countries out there. In my opinion wine wins hands down.

You can thank the national brands like the Bud's and Miller's in the late 1960's and 1970's for killing brands like Iroquois and Simon Pure in towns like BFLO.

Anyone ever try Trappist beer? Wiki.

Maredsous' is wonderful beer. Maredsous' 10 is one of my favorite beers, and is like a tripel. Technically, it's not a trappist beer as it's made by the duvel guys, but it's much, much better than a beer like Chimay.

I've always wanted to, but just can't justify paying wine prices for a bottle of beer.

That, my friend, is because you've never had a great barleywine or ipa.

Maredsous' is wonderful beer. Maredsous' 10 is one of my favorite beers, and is like a tripel. Technically, it's not a trappist beer as it's made by the duvel guys, but it's much, much better than a beer like Chimay.

That, my friend, is because you've never had a great barleywine or ipa.

I've never tried a barley wine. I have tried and enjoyed IPA's though. I like "session" IPA's. When you go higher up the IBU chart though, it just gets too bitter for my taste. My wife enjoys the real bitter IPA's though.

I've never tried a barley wine. I have tried and enjoyed IPA's though. I like "session" IPA's. When you go higher up the IBU chart though, it just gets too bitter for my taste. My wife enjoys the real bitter IPA's though.

Trappist beers aren't any more expensive than a good barleywine or IPA. :lol: