Best Plan yet!!!! by Jason LaCanfora (NFL Channel)

Craiger93

Saw him on NFL network...he stated:

-Trent is not a good QB for Buffalo, to be able to play in the "elements", arm's not strong enough (would be better off playing in dome)

-Jauron's idea of defense personnel, quick and fast and smallish, didn't fit in the Buffalo elements, plus the smallish players are always getting hurt (that's dead on!)

-Bills need a new QB and at least 1 other WR, not T.O.

-Defense should be able to "take care of themselves" under the right leadership

-They need to get bigger, stronger, and nastier..

Didn't think any of the major "names" would be interested in the Buffalo job.

He recommended the Bills get an aspriring asst. coach from the Parcells/Belichek mold.

He referenced Leslie Frazier (Vikings) or the Defensive Coach from the Bengals.

Everything the guy said made real sense.

Ralph should hire Jason LaCanfora as GM :-)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone keep saying this? There are at least 10 major "name" coaches out there. There are only 32 head coaching jobs in the world. Only 8 or so open every year. Of those some will teams like Washington, St. Lous, Kansas City, etc. The Bills are close. With a good QB and some work on the Lines, this could be a competitive team in short order. Buffalo's a great football town with great fans. There are a lot worse places they could go. I'm predicting we get a major "names" coach.

Not too many new ideas here. What does the size of the players have to do with the elements? Should teams that play in warmer weather have smaller players? This makes no sense.

Actually it makes all the sense in the world. IMO teams like the Giants, Steelers, Eagles, and Ravens are built a certain way. Teams like the Cardinals, Saints, Chargers, and Texans are built another. We need to be like the first group and bigger players is a great place to start.

So what's Trent's excuse for being terrible this year when he hasn't played in a game under 50 degrees.....it was 70 in Nashville, 80 in Miami, 80+ in the preseason in Buffalo, etc........how many excuses are there? How about he is a career back-up! I thought last year he was the future but over the past 20 games anyone can see he just doesn't get it, but he will be a decent 2nd string for some team and hopefully for him since he is a good guy makes a nice career out of it.

The defense isn't fine on its own. It needs a lot of help at LB. and a good DT to add to the rotation would also help.

Agreed only the backside and corners appear to be in place. Line is aging and LB's are too small. Both lines have to be rebuilt (Maybe the center of the o-line is OK but tackle situation is an absolute disaster).

The defense isn't fine on its own. It needs a lot of help at LB. and a good DT to add to the rotation would also help.

your out of your mind williams and stroud were having a great year until williams got hurt.

if fact williams was playing ! a probowl level!

couldnt disagree with you assessement of our D/tackles more!

Well Schlereth said this would be a very attractive job for one of the "name" coaches, so depending on what you want to hear you choose who you want to listen to.

It's up to Ralph. Hopefully he told Brandon, "I'm tired of losing." "Go out and get us the best GM, personnel and coaching staff we can find, and I don't care what it costs!"

Well Schlereth said this would be a very attractive job for one of the "name" coaches, so depending on what you want to hear you choose who you want to listen to.

I don't see it. The Bills have 1 less home game than everyone else in the NFL and a 90 year-old owner who has not ensured at least publicly the franchise stays in Buffalo. Don't see anyone with other options coming here unless they have a connection/soft spot for Buffalo or Ralph privately assures him that the Bills are staying in Buffalo.

Saw him on NFL network...he stated:

-Trent is not a good QB for Buffalo, to be able to play in the "elements", arm's not strong enough (would be better off playing in dome)

-Jauron's idea of defense personnel, quick and fast and smallish, didn't fit in the Buffalo elements, plus the smallish players are always getting hurt (that's dead on!)

-Bills need a new QB and at least 1 other WR, not T.O.

-Defense should be able to "take care of themselves" under the right leadership

-They need to get bigger, stronger, and nastier..

He recommended the Bills get an aspriring asst. coach from the Parcells/Belichek mold.

He referenced Leslie Frazier (Vikings) or the Defensive Coach from the Bengals.

Everything the guy said made real sense.

Ralph should hire Jason LaCanfora as GM :-)

I don't care what the coach's credentials say. It's an NFL head coaching job. There is only 30 or so of them in the world. It's like Field of Dreams for a gm, coach, and quality free agents.....If you pay them, they will come.

If a coach is "not interested" in a good paying head coaching position in the NFL than he needs to have his head examined, and so does this Canadian columnist.

Jason LaCanfora, Sage Steele, Bram Weinstein... Comcast Mid-Atlantic keeps sending people to the national airwaves...

outside of Carucci, anyone else from the Buffalo market make it into the national sports realm?

sorry to sidetrack your thread.

I guess you'd have to set down your criteria, but just off the top of my head:

Ron Jaworski

Don Criqui

Pam Oliver

Ron Pitts

Steve Tasker

Any of the Papas

Nick Bakay

Daryl Johnston

I don't see it. The Bills have 1 less home game than everyone else in the NFL and a 90 year-old owner who has not ensured at least publicly the franchise stays in Buffalo. Don't see anyone with other options coming here unless they have a connection/soft spot for Buffalo or Ralph privately assures him that the Bills are staying in Buffalo.
I agree with this. Even if Ralph gives a new coach a lifetime guaranteed contract, that's Ralph's lifetime, not his. Once Ralph dies all bets are off.

I agree with this. Even if Ralph gives a new coach a lifetime guaranteed contract, that's Ralph's lifetime, not his. Once Ralph dies all bets are off.

I may be reading your post wrong, but are you saying that if/when Ralph passes away, a guy like Mike Shanahan would be in Jeopardy of losing his job??? I don't get it...

Not too many new ideas here. What does the size of the players have to do with the elements? Should teams that play in warmer weather have smaller players? This makes no sense.

The point of our D (and the Colts, and Tampa's before this year) is to be filled with small, quick, finesse guys who can all fly to the ball and gang-tackle. It's a great philosophy for a dome team, because having a bunch of track stars on D can help combat high-powered offenses that are filled with their own track stars. But when the weather (and footing!) gets rough, our little guys just get shoved around.

The point of our D (and the Colts, and Tampa's before this year) is to be filled with small, quick, finesse guys who can all fly to the ball and gang-tackle. It's a great philosophy for a dome team, because having a bunch of track stars on D can help combat high-powered offenses that are filled with their own track stars. But when the weather (and footing!) gets rough, our little guys just get shoved around.

Who are you referring to??? I see our guys get pushed around in 80 degree weather week in and week out. Snow has nothing to do with it....

Why does everyone keep saying this? There are at least 10 major "name" coaches out there. There are only 32 head coaching jobs in the world. Only 8 or so open every year. Of those some will teams like Washington, St. Lous, Kansas City, etc. The Bills are close. With a good QB and some work on the Lines, this could be a competitive team in short order. Buffalo's a great football town with great fans. There are a lot worse places they could go. I'm predicting we get a major "names" coach.

I heard Lenny P on ESPN Radio saying he thought some of the "name" coaches would be interested in coaching for the Bills, mentioned tradition, large following of loyal fans as some of the reasons.

I may be reading your post wrong, but are you saying that if/when Ralph passes away, a guy like Mike Shanahan would be in Jeopardy of losing his job??? I don't get it...

It's more about the risk of the unknown. Would Shanahan/whoever want to work for a new owner and where would the team even go? Would the new owner want his own people? Hate to rain on people's dreams of getting a big-name GM or Coach, but with all the unknowns, Buffalo is the worst job outside of Oakland that a GM or Coach could take.