Expect Jauron to be fired tomorrow

keepthefaith

Nothing to go one here except instinct, but I think he gets the axe tomorrow. There is enough to question about today's game that has to leave Russ and Ralph feeling hopeless about this team for this year. We haven't heard much publically from Russ or Ralph but let's face it, it's quite obvious to anyone watching this team that they are a mess and at this point Ralph has to be embarrassed. It won't cost him much to elevate April to HC for the rest of the year and it will send a signal to the players that change starts now. I really think it will happen.

I like the thought (though methinks you make a major mistake by overlooking the Ringleader of the circus at OBD- Brandon), but I agree with others that the bye week would have been the time.

At this point, I don't think there would be any reason not to take Ralph at his word. This past offseason, Ralph declared playoffs or bust. Well, I realize that playoffs are probably not realistic, so we can say that Ralph will stick it out until the end of the year before letting Jauron (AND Guy, and Modrak) go.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reaction to your 'gut' feeling...

Tomorrow Ralph Wilson will realize that all the loser "Bill-ievers" will continue to sell out home games no matter what crap he fields- players and COACH included. He will realize is it not worth the effort to make changes or invest in the team, and therefore Dick Jauron will still be coach on Tuesday.

Bills fans OWN the disaster of a coach and disaster of a team. With their dollars they vote and say "YES" to the crap that Wilson calls an NFL team.

Fire Jauron, promote April to interim head coach. Hire a GM in february to bring in his own guys, including a new HC. You'll at least show that you're trying to fix this season and you'll still have that "buzz" for season ticket sales in February.

Great idea - especially if that new HC is..

Its possible, the penalties can't be ignored or the questionable coaching decisions late in the game. The way the Titans kept making big plays DJ was damned if he does and damned if he doesn't on making them kick the field goal. 51 yards is no gimme and another 1st down its probably all over, DJ took the easy way out,

and he might be out the door because of it...

I wish he'd commit coaching "seppuku", do the honorable thing and resign. But reality will probably be that he'll take the easy way out and be here watching the playoffs with the rest of us. Let's face it. Wade, GW and Mularkey are still in the league after coaching the Bills, who'd knock on DJ's door for a job?

Ticket sales, not team record is the metric here. It's all in the buzz factor. The firing will lead to a positive buzz.

If the firing occurs now, the buzz will be wasted as the Bills are so awful, that nothing done now will change the season results.

But if the buzz happens in February or whereabouts, the buzz may help season ticket sales.

Right on the money. This off-season was the most clear indication they've accepted mediocrity (or worse) as long as they can sell the ST's the next year.

Firing DJ does nothing right now, but it can be used to their advantage in a few months. In the meantime, we have to accept 7 weeks of most likely bad football.

Won't happen....Ralph will not eat the rest of his contract....and nobody is accountable there

i wonder if DJ is around next year too. Obviously the Schonert firing , the Peters thing and the Crowell thing were front office mistakes of gigantic proportions and then when Brad Butler went out for the season along with Schouman that was about it for the offense for this year. Ralph doesn't much care anymore.. he;s in the hall of fame for cryingout loud. what else does he want? no way a franchise in buffalo will ever be able to attract the needed talent to make the playoffs .. heck Pia Tiosamoso or whatever his name is took less $$ to go somewhere else... the wheels are off and they are not coming back on....

Nothing to go one here except instinct, but I think he gets the axe tomorrow. There is enough to question about today's game that has to leave Russ and Ralph feeling hopeless about this team for this year. We haven't heard much publically from Russ or Ralph but let's face it, it's quite obvious to anyone watching this team that they are a mess and at this point Ralph has to be embarrassed. It won't cost him much to elevate April to HC for the rest of the year and it will send a signal to the players that change starts now. I really think it will happen.

we dont seem to make drastic much needed moves until the end of preseason, like the firing of Turk and the release of Langston Walker. NO we like to wait until there is absolutely no chance of replacing them which in turn allows ourselves to F*** ourselves harder. I predict we fire Jauron at the end of next preseason.

That would get me excited again. Let Bobby April be interim coach and get a jump on finding a new GM, scouting staff and a new HC.

There is no downside IMHO.

there is no reason not to fire him. results have shown that teams continue shitting the bed after a head coach is fired mid-season but who cares. with jauron coaching, the team is going to **** the bed anyways. might as well fire him and let the fan base know they're serious about bringing in a real coach. i wouldn't mind seeing bobby april run things for awhile anyway.

...and then another perennial loser hired in his stead for pennies on the dollar.

CHA-CHING!!!!

if you think ralph is so senile that he won't hire a proven coach after this butt !@#$ of a season then you are more blind than helen kellar was.