Official Springsteen at HSBC 11/22/09 Thread

HurlyBurly51

Saving the best for last? This is the final show of the tour, and is shaping up to be a special evening. Sort of has an "anything goes" vibe to it. It's Little Steven's birthday. Speculation is running rampant this is the last show for the East Street Band.

No album has been announced for Buffalo, and we may not get one. Just a 3 hour plus set of his greatest material.

Is there a head count from TSW going?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine he would reschedule the cancelled Kansas City show after this one but haven't heard anything yet.

Anyhow, I'll be at the HSBC show.

Nope, Kansas City is not gonna happen. Sucks for them, but Buffalo is absolutely the last show of the tour. 11 days 'til Bruce rocks Buffalo! Here's the setlist from Cleveland last night:

Setlist:

Wrecking Ball (with Curt Ramm)

Prove It All Night

Hungry Heart

Working on a Dream

Thunder Road

Tenth Avenue Freeze-out (with Curt Ramm)

Night

Backstreets

Born to Run

She's the One

Meeting Across the River (with Curt Ramm)

Jungleland

Waitin' on a Sunny Day

Raise Your Hand

Red Headed Woman

Pink Cadillac

Back in Your Arms

Radio Nowhere

Lonesome Day

The Rising

Badlands

Encore:

No Surrender

Bobby Jean

American Land (with Curt Ramm)

Dancing in the Dark

Can't Help Falling in Love

Higher and Higher (with Curt Ramm)

Rosalita (with Curt Ramm)

Nope, Kansas City is not gonna happen. Sucks for them, but Buffalo is absolutely the last show of the tour. 11 days 'til Bruce rocks Buffalo! Here's the setlist from Cleveland last night:

Red Headed Woman

Is Patti back with the band? :lol:

I thought she was gone.

I read an article recently in Modern Drummer about Jay Weinberg, Max's son, now filling in for Max on Bruce's tours, with so much of Max's time being devoted to the Tonight Show.

19 years old and touring arenas and stadiums. Amazing, since I'm 22 and the most people I've played in front of was 3,000.

Great read for anyone interested in that.

At pushing 60, you have to respect the fact that Bruce still is slamming it out for 3 hours a night across the world. Any body would be pretty worn from 2 generations' worth of touring and recording.

That said, I just never really cared about his music or his message. You're "Working on a Dream" Bruce? Really? You've sold millions of records, sold out thousands of concerts, and are one of the most successful American songwriters, EVER. I think you've accomplished said dream, buddy. Sorry, I didn't get drafted or lost my friends in Vietnam, lost my factory job from the fallacies of the Carter and Reagan administrations, or had to fight for equality amongst all races and genders. I'm simply a generation removed from all of that.

That said, I just never really cared about his music or his message. You're "Working on a Dream" Bruce? Really? You've sold millions of records, sold out thousands of concerts, and are one of the most successful American songwriters, EVER. I think you've accomplished said dream, buddy. Sorry, I didn't get drafted or lost my friends in Vietnam, lost my factory job from the fallacies of the Carter and Reagan administrations, or had to fight for equality amongst all races and genders. I'm simply a generation removed from all of that.

The Bruce "crowd" backs you up. It's 35+, some with young kids there. It looks like church, in jeans. That said,there's somethign to appreciating the message even if you're a generation removed. I was not part of the All-about-me-60s generation but the Who's "My Generation" still resonates.

With respect to Bruce's "Working on a Dream," first, you can always be doing that. Second, he dips into an ethic and group that he's long since ceased to be part of when he writes but he still pulls it off. Like a good fiction writer.