Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

6 minutes ago, Cal said:

I don't know. I dont think he fits Josh's skill set. Diggs is just a better version of John Brown. I would of liked a bigger guy that can go over middle. Diggs is a good deep threat but Josh isn't the best deep ball thrower. Hopefully I'm wrong.

You are wrong.

Diggs makes tough contested catches all over the field and has some incredible moves after the catch.

He is also very good at plucking the ball out of the air. 

It's a very good fit

• Like (+1) 2

Love it. With our roster, and the money we will still spend, only 4-5 rookies will make the team. We don't need 9 picks.

The REAL fun, however, is the thought of Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox and Singletary, along with Josh's legs and strong arm, running all over the field. This is going to be a fun offense. Diggs is very good. Great trade.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They were not eager. 
they transitioned into more of a run team last year, they throw to Rudolph and Theilen a lot, when things were ugly on offense Diggs got mad because the play calling was dumb. He wanted out and they agreed. Works out great for buffalo, Diggs and the Vikings who need the draft picks on cheap contracts they have cap issues 

Exactly.  This is a good move for both sides.

59 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Hopkins went for a 4th and under contract until 2023, Diggs you get a 1st and under contract until 2024. Hopkins is better the Diggs. Like the player, but severely overpaid...

Or did Bil OBrien continue his string of trades where he gets taken to cleaners in both directions? I'd probably think that..this is pretty fair compensation for a young, proven WR under a reasonable contract for 4 years...

• Like (+1) 1

People not liking this move sigh.  Diggs is a stud.  He is fast, catches the tough catches, and can run all the routes.  Not only that but he is going to open up Brown and Beasley.  If Allen can hit him we are going to have a good offense this season.  No first round pick was going to do that for us.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Love it. With our roster, and the money we will still spend, only 4-5 rookies will make the team. We don't need 9 picks.

The REAL fun, however, is the thought of Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox and Singletary, along with Josh's legs and strong arm, running all over the field. This is going to be a fun offense. Diggs is very good. Great trade.

Oh man this is going to be fun - exactly the type of WR I wanted

Oh...and you gotta pony up if you want a top playmaker in the game, unless you are dealing with a fool like Bill O Brien.

It takes draft capital to land a stud like Diggs, and we had it to use for our biggest need, and to help Josh and let Smoke thrive in a role opposite of Diggs.

The offense should now function incredibly well

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

Zero chance Houston turned down that offer in favor of what they got from Arizona.  It’s twice the price.

Wrong. Texans aren't about to trade their top WR to an AFC team that nearly beat them IN HOUSTON in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

‘The 4 and 5 don’t get you close enough to where Lamb or Jeudy go. It would be more like 22+2nd round pick.

Truth, and further proof that we got a solid deal.

I really think that people are freaking out because the Texans gave away Hopkins, and they are comparing the Diggs deal to that one...

Except, those same folks are completely ignoring the $100 million dollar deal that Amari "I don't want to play in a cold city because I'm a sniveling, weaksauce, pantywaist, and I pick ranch over blue cheese" Cooper just signed with the Girlcows... 

Get woke, folks... Texas BOB is a driveling idiot, who Beanwitch couldn't lure in with his mystical witchery, because Texas BOB wears special, AFC-Light-Cancelling sunglasses...

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Cal said:

I don't know. I dont think he fits Josh's skill set. Diggs is just a better version of John Brown. I would of liked a bigger guy that can go over middle. Diggs is a good deep threat but Josh isn't the best deep ball thrower. Hopefully I'm wrong.

John Brown just had a career year?

I'll gladly take better than John Brown...and John Brown.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

call me crazy but I feel like allen and diggs will get along. 

I think Diggs just didn't like Cousins, personally. 

Diggs racked up close to 900 yds catching passes from Case "Zipcode" Keenum.  He can adjust on a ball, he can go up for a ball, and he can juke a DB right out of his cleats.  He might be just what Josh Allen needs.  Might also be just what John Brown and Cole Beasley and Devin Singletary need, too.  Harder to clamp down on John.

• Like (+1) 1