Superbowl Gameday Thread: SF 49ers vs KC Chiefs, 6:30 Eastern on Fox

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Like it or not Sean fk up not drafting Mahomes,  

Hindsight is 20/20. Every team in the league would have traded up to 10 if they knew Mahomes would be a perennial MVP.

Edited by eanyills

Just now, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

This is legitimately the only thing I think about. Every NFL game. I can't even watch other games without thinking about this. Like totally. Uerggggh.

You know a lot of fans will twist themselves into knots trying to convince themselves that passing on him was the best thing to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

Don’t forget he has a ton of help and Andy scheming for him... super talented... I love him, he is a great qb... but Allen gets roasted for throws that mahomes makes constantly... why would PM be good here with coaches that stand on the brakes when they get up 2 possessions, and a team that only helps on defense... hell, he threw behind two screens and fumbled on a scramble... we would all B word about him trying to make plays and not being perfect

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

You know a lot of fans will twist themselves into knots trying to convince themselves that passing on him was the best thing to do. 

It’s not right or wrong. 

if you understand the situation McDermott walked into, I think any rational person would understand why Whaley wasn’t empowered to take a QB in that spot. Especially one that wasn’t really a can’t miss prospect. 

but revisionist history is definitely fun!!

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

1 minute ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

This is legitimately the only thing I think about. Every NFL game. I can't even watch other games without thinking about this. Like totally. Uerggggh.

1 minute ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

We need a new thread for all this *****, as it is sure to continue.

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Yes, but still Mahomes > Allen with our current weapons

Mahomes might be the best QB in the league, but he’s also in his 3rd year and doesn’t have to worry about Duke Williams dropping a TD or John Brown failing to toe tap.  

I highly doubt he’d be who he is now if he was on our team, playing on the offense of the past 2 years.  

• Like (+1) 2