Sammy Watkins 'scarred' by Bills trade, didn't want to be in Buffalo

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

That should’ve said freshman and sophomore year. I think just LG and RT at OU.

So if I'm reading his college blurb right, he redshirted in 2015; broke his fibula after 3 games in 2016; played in 2017 and 2018 then declared for the draft. 

Now I'm confused about what position he played - Guard for 3 games in 2016 and 2017 then RT in 2018?

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So if I'm reading his college blurb right, he redshirted in 2015; broke his fibula after 3 games in 2016; played in 2017 and 2018 then declared for the draft. 

Now I'm confused about what position he played - Guard for 3 games in 2016 and 2017 then RT in 2018?

LG for 7 games between FR/SO years. RT as a JR.

27 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

We sign a RB in his 15th season, talk about possibly bringing in a TE with 13 seasons played, and now all hell breaks loose.  I wonder what House Ballard is up to these days...

Since the missing element on offense is a "big bodied" receiver in the mold of Duke, you've also got to consider bringing TO back for one last hurrah. Seems to stay in pretty good shape so I assume he's good to go.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Peters would be entering his 17th season!

Everyone just stop this...

Remember in 2018 when you were mocking the idea that Peters will be elected into the HOF? ?

He was still easily one of the top 10 LT's in the NFL last year. 

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Remember in 2018 when you were mocking the idea that Peters will be elected into the HOF? ?

He was still easily one of the top 10 LT's in the NFL last year. 

Yes. vividly.  There's enough LT's in the HOF at this point.  It's become meaningless.  Next it will be Joe Thomas--the anchor of the worst O-line in the NFL for his entire tenure.

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

When I watch Sammy he does nothing for me. Good mits, ok routes, never breaks tackles or gets YAC. 

He's not the same physical, explosive player he was coming out of Clemson.  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes. vividly.  There's enough LT's in the HOF at this point.  It's become meaningless.  Next it will be Joe Thomas--the anchor of the worst O-line in the NFL for his entire tenure.

Yeah that darn HOF.........nothing but LT's.:rolleyes:

It wasn't the significance of it that you were denying...........you were denying it was going to happen............which was just a totally out-of-touch take.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It wasn't the significance of it that you were denying...........you were denying it was going to happen............which was just a totally out-of-touch take.

I was saying it wouldn't happen because of the lack of significance.  

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Since the missing element on offense is a "big bodied" receiver in the mold of Duke, you've also got to consider bringing TO back for one last hurrah. Seems to stay in pretty good shape so I assume he's good to go.

Hmmm, maybe.  TO and McD were with the Eagles in 2004-2005 under Andy Reid.  TO was never in Carolina, so that complicates things.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nope, not even close. 

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

You joke but TO had the legs and physicality to play for at least a couple more years than he did.............but his hand/eye coordination failed him.  He got down around 49%-50% catch rate and that's just too low to tolerate for long.

For reference Dawson Knox.......who seemed to drop every other pass last year.......was at least at 56%. 

Same thing happened with James Lofton.   He could still get over the top.........I'm sure he still could have run a 4.4 40 at least........and he was still getting open and averaged over 15 ypc in his last year in Buffalo.........but his catch rate was pathetic.......only in the mid 40%.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You joke but TO had the legs and physicality to play for at least a couple more years than he did.............but his hand/eye coordination failed him.  He got down around 49%-50% catch rate and that's just too low to tolerate for long.

For reference Dawson Knox.......who seemed to drop every other pass last year.......was at least at 56%. 

Same thing happened with James Lofton.   He could still get over the top.........I'm sure he still could have run a 4.4 40 at least........and he was still getting open and averaged over 15 ypc in his last year in Buffalo.........but his catch rate was pathetic.......only in the mid 40%.  

Interesting point. I would surmise that while these end of career receivers may still possess a great deal of the physicality to continue, they have to expend far more energy than they did in their prime to attain that level of "ability." That would explain the drop rate and the dip in hand eye coordination as they lose focus while expending the extra energy. Kind of a chicken/egg thing in terms the hand eye coordination issue. 

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Interesting point. I would surmise that while these end of career receivers may still possess a great deal of the physicality to continue, they have to expend far more energy than they did in their prime to attain that level of "ability." That would explain the drop rate and the dip in hand eye coordination as they lose focus while expending the extra energy. Kind of a chicken/egg thing in terms the hand eye coordination issue. 

I don't know........I think Darrell Green was still the fastest man in the NFL at age 39.    It just appears that for many the hand eye coordination is harder to maintain.  When top QB's fall off the cliff they usually just start missing throws they used to make.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just read more on Sammy and he said he had to get his "mental" back. 

Did Whaley and Rex ever talk to this kid? Doesn't seem like a good fit for blue collar Buffalo. There are all kinds of people in this world and there are good and bad fits for all of us. No way I could survive in bible belt SEC country or pretty much any rural place. Two spend two first round picks on this kid you have to know he would be a great fit.

Wish him the best of luck and if healthy, I think he can play and produce for several more years.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I have no idea why my response is weird, so I’m unable to help with that.

He wants to be a pro-bowl/all-pro/hall of fame but needs to take a year off? but you are agreeing with his needing a break? like i asked/said I don't know if you read the article or not but judging by your comment and response i starting to lean towards not.....

9 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

He wants to be a pro-bowl/all-pro/hall of fame but needs to take a year off? but you are agreeing with his needing a break? like i asked/said I don't know if you read the article or not but judging by your comment and response i starting to lean towards not.....

I did. Guys say stuff all the time. Until he actually takes a year off I’m not putting much more into it than he’s tired from a long, grueling process.