Sammy Watkins 'scarred' by Bills trade, didn't want to be in Buffalo

HOUSE

Sammy Watkins, former first-round pick of the Buffalo Bills, said the team trading him in 2017 “helped him a lot.”

The comments about the team that drafted him went downhill from there.

“It left me scarred by just not trusting coaches in general,” Watkins told reporters via 13WHAM-TV during Super Bowl week in Miami ahead of Sunday’s Chiefs-49ers showdown.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/29/sammy-watkins-scarred-buffalo-bills-trade-didnt-want/

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Come across as immature at times, and varies from taking accountability for his career one day, to taking none the next. Good thing there are some legit playmakers on that team so he can ride their coattails to the big game. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 9

Is it the Buffalo media asking asking these ridiculous loaded questions? Who else would care about how these guys felt when they got dealt from the team? What is the media trying to prove? Very, very weird. The responses are predictable. Does the media just have a thing for hearing someone take a dump on Buffalo so they try to incite it at every opportunity?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So: confirms what we all knew (or most of us anyway).

Sammy Watkins is soft.

100%

i assume his “not trusting coaches” comment is directed at Marrone who played him in the preseason with broken ribs.

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Usually the word "scarred" has negative, long-lasting, connotations - it allegedly left him "scarred", but then he further elaborates how it revived his career and resulted in a plethora of blessings ?

“But I think that revived my whole career. At that point in my life I didn’t want to be there and somehow, miraculously, I get traded like the next week and go to another team that’s pretty good and go to the playoffs in my first year with the Rams and now to be in this situation, fighting in the third round last year, one game away from the Super Bowl and to be in the Super Bowl this year… blessings.”

Edited by stevewin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Usually the word "scarred" has negative, long-lasting, connotations - it allegedly left him "scarred", but then he further elaborates how it revived his career and resulted in a plethora of blessings ?

Break a leg, Sammy.

• Haha (+1) 7