Twitter Rumor has Bills playing against the Dolphins in London Next year

MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Let the rest fend for themselves! Leave my Bills alone! 

Seriously, I don’t like it for anyone. BUT, if they insist on continuing it, I hope they get teams help with scheduling. Do they often or ever get their bye the following week? It sucks to lose a home game, and the travel hassles are very real. Mexico City is almost as bad, but without quite the same disadvantage. 

I get it....just busting on you....

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Let the rest fend for themselves! Leave my Bills alone! 

Seriously, I don’t like it for anyone. BUT, if they insist on continuing it, I hope they get teams help with scheduling. Do they often or ever get their bye the following week? It sucks to lose a home game, and the travel hassles are very real. Mexico City is almost as bad, but without quite the same disadvantage. 

Teams always get the bye week following a London game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I wish NFL stadiums would do what Spurs did with that 100’ bar over there, practically no lines. Anybody know if they enforce the 3rd quarter drinking cutoff when the game is in UK?

They do not. Well, not that any I’ve been to anyway.

35 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Was this the phantom PI call on Nickell Robey?

Yes. Jerry Hughes was held so bad on the game winning TD throw too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Barf-o-rama. As if they don't have enough long-ass road trips already. Trips out to Vegas, Denver, LA, and Arizona, and now across the pond to foggy ol' Londontown. They might win the Ultimate Road Dogs award next season, we'll see if they rack up the most travel miles of any team.

no trip to LA.  It is SF. 

3 hours ago, chongli said:

If we do play Miami internationally, it will be as a road team in Mexico City.

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/01/10/green-bay-packers-2020-schedule-team-unlikely-play-london-year/2848418001/

"The Atlanta Falcons and Miami Dolphins announced they will host international games this year, the Falcons in London and the Dolphins in Mexico City. The Jacksonville Jaguars are annual hosts of a game in London." 

That can't be correct, because AFC east is playing vs NFC West next year

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Because the writer said Dolphins are on Packers schedule next year

The writer said this:

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/01/10/green-bay-packers-2020-schedule-team-unlikely-play-london-year/2848418001/

" Miami is not on the Packers' schedule. "

Edited by chongli

26 minutes ago, chongli said:

I misread that one. 

But, I haven't seen any reports where Miami confirmed they are playing in Mexico City

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JackKemp said:

I hate this all the way round. I was planning a Miami road trip next year and I don't want the Bills to give up a home game.

If the Bills play Miami internationally in 2020, it will be as the away team:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article236981771.html

"It remains unclear if the Dolphins will be playing in London or Mexico City but the fact is the team, which has historically had a strong international following in both the United Kingdom and Mexico, will be headed to one of those countries as a home team next season."

But, if Buffalo isn't selected for that game, that doesn't preclude them from playing another team internationally as a home team. ?

Edited by chongli

From that link I provided above, it looks like it will be hard for Green Bay to ever play internationally. It sucks they get special privileges:

"The Packers have said they would be happy to play an international game, but not as the home team. They will not give up a home game because, they say, it would have a disproportionate effect on the local economy. A Packers game is estimated to have a $15 million total economic impact, and Green Bay is the smallest market in the NFL.

Conversely, opponents have been averse to giving up home games against Green Bay because Packers fans travel well and fill stadiums. NFL rules allow host teams to exempt an opponent from an international game."

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

no trip to LA.  It is SF. 

My bad, had the Rams and Niners mixed up. Brutal road schedule next year. I mean, they were 6-2 on the road this year but where'd they go? Across the state three times, that's like an hour and ten minute flight. Then up to Boston, down to Miami, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Cleveland... and then Dallas was their longest trip. If any of those west coast games end up being back to back, I wouldn't be surprised if McDermott chose to keep the team out there for the whole week.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Does anyone know when this stops being a Twitter rumor...and becomes a real rumor...or better yet, the truth?

They announced 2019 games in London on January 20th of last year. Should be within a week that they announce for 2020 games.

On 1/15/2020 at 1:10 PM, GunnerBill said:

We are and yes I suspect a home game too. 

The haters should come over and experience a game in the greatest city on earth. A few perspectives might change. 

I do get that it sucks for home fans who only get 8 a year when one gets taken away. But the London games are great. Their popularity continues to rise and they are going nowhere. 

I wonder how Tottenham or Arsenal fans would take to having their home match Premier League against United played in the states. I'm guessing not well.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I wonder how Tottenham or Arsenal fans would take to having their home match Premier League against United played in the states. I'm guessing not well.

For sure. And I understand it. But it will happen just as the London games are not going anywhere. I understand local fans being upset. It is just that sports are not national pursuits anymore. They are international big business. It is unrealistic to expect it to be like it was 20 or 30 years ago.