We need a strong power RB next year...Henry/Lynch type.

pgrace245

On 1/12/2020 at 12:58 PM, NewEra said:

But he was always HUGE and FAST.  Much bigger and faster than Harris

Henry ran a 4.54 at the combine, while a great time for a big guy, it is not electrifying speed. I seen the play I think it was this past weekend and gotta admit I was surprised he did look fast, but who was chasing him? I wonder what Harris might be able to run?

On 1/12/2020 at 9:39 AM, Dkollidas said:

His name is Najee Harris.

maybe not as big but he can grind.

a later round option would be AJ Dillon from Boston College. 

Exactly,  Najee Harris has to be the target.  He would be a perfect compliment to Singletary. We'd have 2 great rbs for the next 4+ years.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly,  Najee Harris has to be the target.  He would be a perfect compliment to Singletary. We'd have 2 great rbs for the next 4+ years.

Except he’s staying in “school.”

On 1/12/2020 at 7:48 AM, SCBills said:

We can have a dominant line next year, but it probably means re-signing Spain, kicking Ford inside, Feliciano to utility backup and paying big $$$ to Conklin.  Otherwise we have to hope Ford makes a jump (which he certainly could) and that Feliciano gives us more consistency. 

I’m all for it.  

Also would agree with those advocating for Najee Harris.  He’s a speed power back who can catch.  Perfect compliment with Singletary. 

Sign Conklin & Ngakoue

Keep Spain and one of Murphy/Lawson

Rounds 1-3, get 2 WR’s and Najee Harris 

Works for me

Spain was our worst OL.

Upgrade over him would be great.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:42 AM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

No offense to FredEx, but we need players who bring more to the table than warm fuzzy feelings for the team .... I don’t recall Freddie winning the bills anything 

Because our teams sucked.

The reason the OP is clamoring for this type of RB is because it's one of the small handful of missing pieces we have.

If Fred Jackson in his prime were on this team paired with Singletary in the backfield, our offense would be automatically noticeably better than the team with Gore and Singletary.

If you think all Fred brought to the team was warm fuzzy feelings, you're new to watching to Buffalo Bills. 

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 1/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, pgrace245 said:

I miss the days of old when Lynch was in a Bills uniform. Seeing Derrick Henry tear up the Baltimore defense last night was another reminder that we need a power RB in Buffalo. Singletary has speed and jukes but lacks the down hill power needed to complete the run game. Having a dominant run game opens up the offense for big pass plays and play action. Henry controlled the game last night even with Baltimore knowing the runs were coming. I hope we find a way to add that dynamic to our offense last year and bring back a bully o-line. I can appreciate the speed and agile style of Singletary but we need some beast mode in buffalo. So which Henry/Lynch/Blount type RB is available draft/FA?

We had a monster but his girl got prego and so did he apparently.

This is a bandwagon thread.  At the beginning of the year everyone said it’s a passing league and backs are a dime a dozen.  Now Henry mows down a couple teams and we need a big back.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Irv said:

This is a bandwagon thread.  At the beginning of the year everyone said it’s a passing league and backs are a dime a dozen.  Now Henry mows down a couple teams and we need a big back.  

Sort of, although some have argued against that point. The dime a dozen back thing has been stupid for years. And to be fair even if people are now just jumping ship it makes sense - it's inevitable that more teams are going to rely on a strong defense and power running game to counter the passing league idea instead of it just being a 32 team arm's race to video game stats. 

But anyway, I think the argument is far more influenced by seeing our RB2 struggle for 3.6 ypc this year (about 2.7 after week 9, gross). Another RB is a high priority for this team.

Edited by Nelius

Where is some guy like Derrick Henry?  There is only one. 

If all it took was to have a big running back, more teams would have been doing what the Titans did  with Henry.

I want them to get a power back to compliment Singletary, but it's more with versatility in mind. So they can play against a variety of defenses, and have the right players for different circumstances. You don't want Singletary taking hits just to run out the clock, for instance. Gore was supposed to be that guy, but got old real quick.

I'm confident that the coaching staff will bring in a nice power RB.

Edited by 32ABBA