Cody Ford fined over 28k for illegal blind side block

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, NC Book said:

I can't remember, did Ford criticize the officiating afterwards? I could those rats throwing a fine at him for that and saying it was for the "hit". 

Either way totally inconsistent fine. It was basically a normal block. People have skated on WAAAAY worse hits. NFL officiating is a freakin joke.

No he didn’t that I saw 

He will appeal 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

What absolute crap. It never should have been a penalty in the first place. Just the NFL pathetic attempt to justify the past year of  the worst officiating in the leagues history. 

I still have not gone back and watched the game again (still too fresh), but based upon my original viewing I’d have thought an apology from the league would be more appropriate than a fine. Not that I expected an apology, but that’s how much I hated that call.....

4 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I swear the NFL is trying to test people’s patience and daring people to stop watching

Failing at that as well....

"....Of the 50 most-watched television broadcasts of the year, 41 of them were NFL games."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/08/nfl-games-were-41-of-the-50-most-watched-tv-broadcasts-of-2019/

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well they have no consistency. That’s the problem. But are you taking about the Texans guy who got showed by a Bills player?

Yeah no. He disengages with Poyer (you can see his arm let go deliberately) to start moving back towards Edmunds (he turns his head and lines him up) and initiates a textbook illegal blindside block with his shoulder and head. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

This is so awful by the league, it's almost worth a Bills Mafia 'Go Fund Me' page to cover it.

That's what this is all about.....reinforcing the ref's calls, right or wrong.

Did you say "Go Fund Me" page? 

Up to 98 donors and $1,428. Cody says he will donate it to charity.

Edited by John Gianelli
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, stosh64 said:

Is that boogers ignorant commentary?

This is the first time I've re-watched this video and it just brought me right back to full pissed off mode.  Rule or not - at the end of a game that is an absolute NO CALL.   I couldn't bring myself to watch any games last Sunday and now I definitely can't this weekend either.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah no. He disengages with Poyer (you can see his arm let go deliberately) to start moving back towards Edmunds (he turns his head and lines him up) and initiates a textbook illegal blindside block with his shoulder and head. 

I think you’re reaching.  But the Ford call was still awful.  

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No he didn’t that I saw 

He will appeal 

Thanks for reminding me of how much I dislike Booger. 

This is FOOTBALL! If he wanted to just get a hit on him he could have lit him UP!  The guy is still chasing the play and Ford just screened him off! What if the ball comes loose (as it does far too often)? Is he not allowed to recover because Josh had already passed him? Sorry, we’re still playing football there! The fine is worse than the call, because they had time to consider it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

What yard line would we have been at if the penalty wasn't called?   I was so mad at the call I don't even remember what happened on that play.  And haven't let myself watch any highlights of the game - will just put me in a very pissy mood, lol

6 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

What yard line would we have been at if the penalty wasn't called?   I was so mad at the call I don't even remember what happened on that play.  And haven't let myself watch any highlights of the game - will just put me in a very pissy mood, lol

It would have been a 4th and 4 at the Houston 37 yard line. 

7 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Haush would have been lining up a 55 yarder for the walkoff

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Failing at that as well....

"....Of the 50 most-watched television broadcasts of the year, 41 of them were NFL games."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/08/nfl-games-were-41-of-the-50-most-watched-tv-broadcasts-of-2019/

Yea man... unfortunately, but I don’t help as I watch every game I can. 

it’s like a drug... ugh