Cody Ford fined over 28k for illegal blind side block

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

can he appeal this?  

I really hope he does. 

The penalty alone should be enough. Even to the NFL if this is a Blindside hit like they say it is how is that even worth a fine to begin with.

It was soft as hell. I'm trying to really understand what the league is trying to prove here?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

See which way Allen is running. See the back of Ford’s jersey. 
It’s a penalty. Learn the god dam rules and stop complaining about the officiating 

It’s a bad call many NFL pundits and former officials have come out and call it what it is. 

Edited by Lenigmusx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Plant, crouch, square up shoulder/forearm and push through the guy 

it’s the rule, and the violation pairs with a fine pretty standard 

Read the rule. If he's planted and crouched, it is impossible for him to be the one who initiates contact. He moved into the path of the defender and let the guy run into him. That clearly does not meet the standard set in the rule.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

Seriously?  And Clowney got nothing for knocking Wentz's head off?

Thing is, if Ford let that guy go, there’s a possibility he hits Allen on the back end of that play, like Clowney do to Wentz.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

What a complete piece of ***** the NFL is turning itself into. Get Rodger Goodell out of there. 

You are exactly right on point.  None of this would be going on without the approval of Goodell.  He continues to demonstrate that he has created a completely incompetent organization to run the league.  I'm not sure what the owners see that leads them to keep this fool in his position.  As another post indicated, fantasy football and gambling is propping up the interest in the league.  Playoff games with unsold seats, unsold TV advertising slots, and widespread fan dissatisfaction with the stadium game day experience should be enough for the owners to put some heat on Roger's sorry a**.  Cody Ford should file a grievance and fight this ridiculous fine.  

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He and a couple others in this thread expose their true colors with TERRIBLE takes on the topic.

Soooo, do you mean to say that the Jets special teamer who wrecked Hauschka got a fair shake, in light of Ford's treatment by the NFL? 

Asking for a friend...

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

This is so awful by the league, it's almost worth a Bills Mafia 'Go Fund Me' page to cover it.

36 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Because they didn’t call a penalty.  God forbid they admit they were wrong.

That's what this is all about.....reinforcing the ref's calls, right or wrong.

Edited by KD in CA

I can't remember, did Ford criticize the officiating afterwards? I could those rats throwing a fine at him for that and saying it was for the "hit". 

Either way totally inconsistent fine. It was basically a normal block. People have skated on WAAAAY worse hits. NFL officiating is a freakin joke.

4 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Yet Clowney got nothing for his hit on Wentz...

I swear the NFL is trying to test people’s patience and daring people to stop watching

I support this theory. If you think about it, it's the same for politics now. They are testing the servitude of the people and how bad they can get away with everything.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

My point is that you rarely see this called in close games, particularly in overtime of the playoffs. You can make this call 10-15 times a game. I literally found 5 just perusing through the plays. The following is during Houston's go ahead TD drive in the 4th Qtr. Take a look around the 15 second mark of this clip when Houston's fullback lights up Milano on the exact same kind of play (and, just for good measure, watch the Houston WR (87) at the bottom of the screen after the hit on Milano - and the OL (66) holding at the top of the screen during the run - but I digress).

As I said, I can easily pull 5 of these clips right now. Again, my point is they are rarely called in these kinds of games.

This. 100x this.

These are blocks that happen ALL THE TIME during NFL games. They're unavoidable. To call Ford's block a 15 yard penalty which basically lost the game for the Bills and then assessing a fine on top is simply the league justifying a horrific, game-altering, officiating blunder, nothing more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hate crying about the refs and thinking there is some silly conspiracy against the Bills but that was an awful call.  

Football is the greatest sport in the world and the nfl is run by morons. 

Agreed. Using refs as an excuse is just that.....but that was a garbage call and the NFL then makes it worse. 

Ford should make a big deal out of it for no other reason than to shed light on this embarrassing fine.

• Like (+1) 1