Cody Ford fined over 28k for illegal blind side block

YoloinOhio

LAME, I mean it was barely even a hit let along fine worthy...how about the head shot Allen took but wasnt called...FAR FAR more egregious. So now...moderately bumping..as thats all it was a moderate bump..is fine worthy..almost ..and i hate to say this..but almost wish Ford had LAID HIM OUT COLD..at least them it would be worth a fine..but that moderate bump

Edited by CBennett
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can only imagine what they would have fined him if the guy he hit wasn't actually looking at Ford when he hit him ? 

This could have been considered a legal blind side block or a not paying attention side block cause from what i remember watching it it was a BS call so that would make it a BS fine !! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Have to keep up the illusion.  Meanwhile will any of the helmet-to-helmet hit to, or Watt landing on top of, Josh be fined?  Doubtful.

100% this. The NFL is in full CYA mode because it was a BS call and they know it. Of course they missed the head shot Josh took on the same play which would have offset it at a minimum. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Have to keep up the illusion.  Meanwhile will any of the helmet-to-helmet hit to, or Watt landing on top of, Josh be fined?  Doubtful.

Yep they are doubling down on the call to prove they were right. Because they think we are all stupid. 

• Like (+1) 7

9 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

The NFL just doubles down on stupid.

***** idiots think fining the player makes a horrible call somehow right... send the guy who went to confront Jerry Coleman to Park Avenue instead...a better use of a wasted airfare.  Meanwhile a helmet to helmet hit on our QB goes uncalled and un-fined.

Edited by JoeF