Shaq Lawson wants "that cash"

Reed83HOF

14 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

It feels like every time it's time to pay someone....everyone is like "oh, it's only one good year...let them go".

Pay. This. Man :0

Which is the M.O. of one Bill Belichick. Maybe it finally caught up to him.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He should get some but nothing outrageous, need to see if played hard because it was a contract year or not.

With a player approaching free agency, that is not a strategy.  Do, or Do Not, when it comes to signing; there is no "try"

Beane is on record saying they want to resign Shaq.

8 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

don’t know if I’d pay him after the ***** song choice 

If we made contract decisions according to taste in music, I think probably 3/4 of the team would be out the door

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t expect him back as I think McBeane & he differ widely on fair market value. Add to that, some team is so desperate for D-rush, they’ll way over pay. He’s already made very good money from his 1st Round selection, though imo, has only earned it the last season & a half. 

But I’ve been wrong before.

Dunno, with Jerry winding down and nobody on the roster that can rush from the edge, I think Shaq's value has gone up. He's going to get $10 mil  somewhere. He's young and really took a step up this year. Cut Trent and sign Shaq. Even so, we need to draft edge this year. 

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

The Bills will be playing Jordan Phillps on the DL.  They will have to pay Spain on the OL.

I think Jordan is gone. Someone's going to way overpay him. Besides, we have Oliver and H. Phillips coming back next year. With Liuget in rotation we're set. 

19 hours ago, Lurker said:

Ménage à trois...

19 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

My hot take: WR in round 1; RB in round 2. I shouldn't want a RB that high, but I can't help myself...

Lucker's post is hotter :devil:

The thing is her parents will be owning the team for a long time so she will have plenty of replacement choices.

17 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You've got until 6/1 to cut Murphy as far as I know. Offer Shaq 8M per, if he walks fine, if not see where draft takes us and cut Trent when the 7.2 is needed.

Neither Murphy or Lee Smith is being cut.  Both are "designated to complain about players" on defense and offense respectively.

If Shaq wants the money he needs to find a team which does not rotate linemen so much and show what he can do.  Bet on himself.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, egd said:

Judon is not much better than Shaq??? Baltimore said they will franchise him if they can't reach a deal:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-to-use-franchise-tag-on-matt-judon-if-a-long-term-deal-cant-be-worked-out/

Would Buffalo franchise Shaq?

Judon is a better risk than Shaq because he has been a productive player for a longer period of time. Shaq has only come on in the last year and a half. But that's the main reason why I see a significant difference. In 2019 I think they both played at a high and at a comparable level. Ravens have a somewhat different philosophy on D than does McD. They tend to lean heavily on their best guys as featured players perhaps sacrificing some of the benefits that a rotation system can deliver, but also giving those players additional opportunity to generate raw stats. It used to be Suggs. Now it's pretty much Judon. I'll admit it's an inexact comparison and can be debated but if you adjust Shaq's sacks, solo and combined tackles, tackles for loss, QB hits/pressures etc...for the fact that Judon played maybe more than 300+ additional defensive snaps and played in 1 more game, Shaq's totals match up very well. 

I like both Shaq and Philips but I do think a few of Philips sacks were a little soft. I think that was less the case with Shaq's (ex maybe Denver). Also of course Shaq is better against the run. I also think some folks don't realize just how good Shaq was this year. He.was quite outstanding IMO and quite possibly our best and most consistent D-line player. The question is does he play better only because of the payday (and once paid will laze out) or has he developed to this level with the possibility of further improvement. Just a guess but I think he's probably just now coming into his own. He's only 25 (3 1/2 years less than Judon). 

I think I'd be inclined to sign Shaq ahead of Philips but I wouldn't mind having both as well as an edge rusher in FA or with an early draft pick if for example Epinesa is there in the first (doubtful unless we move up). H. Philips will take over from Star in 2021 who won't be on the team then. Jerry Hughes is gone that year too. Contrary to some IMO Murphy is released in 2020. All of that frees up a lot of cap space in the next 2 years so if they see a FA edge rusher they like and are ok using it for this purpose I think they can afford it.

Of course a guy like Judon will never be as valuable to the Bills as he is to the Ravens because of the rotation that McD employs. Could partly explain why the Ravens would consider franchising him. 

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'd be offering 2 years 16M. Let him stay in the system, continue to improve, and then seek out his payday or sink.

No way Shaq settles for a 2 yr contract. 

I would tag Shaq or Phillips. They are not worth that amount of money but for one year they csn afford it if a long term deal can't be reached.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills have a key building block at each level of the defense;  Ed, Edmunds and Tre.  Those are the guys you plan on paying and the guys you build around.  No one else is worth big $.  Either resign guys for reasonable deals or replace them.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No way Shaq settles for a 2 yr contract. 

I would tag Shaq or Phillips. They are not worth that amount of money but for one year they csn afford it if a long term deal can't be reached.

If they were going to tag Shaq then they should have just picked up his 5th year option IMO.

• Like (+1) 1