Why didn't we kick the field goal instead late in the 4th when Josh was sacked twice?

It was late in the 4th quarter and Josh took an inexcusable sack on 3rd down. Then he took another sack on 4th down. Why didn't we kick the FG instead, since House Money had made one from that distance pre-game, or at least punt, since we had three time outs? It was like 4th and 23 when we went for it. The announcer said something about Sean McDermott knowing something about his kicker.

Edited by class_of_2012

5 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

It was late in the 4th quarter and Josh took an inexcusable sack on 3rd down. Then he took another sack on 4th down. Why didn't we kick the FG instead, since House Money had made one from that distance pre-game, or at least punt, since we had three time outs? It was like 4th and 23 when we went for it. The announcer said something about Sean McDermott knowing something about his kicker.

At that point we should of been calling for Josh to roll so he he could dump it while he was outside the tackle box and stay in field goal range.  I don’t think Daboll helps him.  

• Like (+1) 1

It was totally out of his range

They are getting quick pressure and we are borderline FG range... Dumb ass Daboll pulls a falcons move and calls a pass and I knew the sack was coming and it's not totally on Josh

Dumb formation, dumb call, bad execution... Just run Josh on a design or give it to singletary for 3-4 more yards

• Like (+1) 2

once it was 4th and 27 the play was to punt and pin them deep with all three time outs  that had more of chance of working than going for it 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It was totally out of his range

They are getting quick pressure and we are borderline FG range... Dumb ass Daboll pulls a falcons move and calls a pass and I knew the sack was coming and it's not totally on Josh

Dumb formation, dumb call, bad execution... Just run Josh on a design or give it to singletary for 3-4 more yards

the amount of quick pressure on those two plays was mind boggling as I thought O line for the most part held up well.  But not on those two possessions the fourth down pressure was embarrassing considering only three rushers were used by Houston yet Dawkins and Felaciano(him going to help spain and morse vs the DT was histarical) just let the guy right thru

• Like (+1) 1