NFL Black Monday - Coaching Changes

wppete

Black Monday tomorrow in the NFL. What are your predictions???

Cleveland - Kitchens out for sure? Update: YEP!

Jacksonville - St. Doug out? Update: Nope, per Khan staying another year

NYG - Shurmur gone? Update: YEP!

Dallas - Garrett fired? Technically, he can't be fired as he's no longer under contract for the team?  But if they don't renew him, he's gone

Washington - Are they going to hire Rivera? Prob the smartest thing they can do. Update: So reported!

Who else???? What about the hires? Any surprise new coaches? 

Update:

First one down! 

KITCHENS FIRED!

EM_xb0TWkAE8R3p?format=jpg&name=medium

Ron Rivera expected to sign with Washington today. 

• Like (+1) 1

Cleveland - Kitchens returns; it has only been a year

Jax - Doug is gone, how could he not be after firing the President of Operations.  New guy will want to bring in his own coach and GM.

NYG -  Shurmur is gone, the Mara's have seen enough

Dallas - Garret is gone

Washington - Doesn't matter, Snyder needs to be gone for them to win

Pittsburgh - Tomlin is fired.  He's not the guy for the team after Big Ben; Tomlin is in way over his head right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Jax - Doug is gone, how could he not be after firing the President of Operations.  New guy will want to bring in his own coach and GM.

Dallas - Garret is gone

Pittsburgh - Tomlin is fired.  He's not the guy for the team after Big Ben; Tomlin is in way over his head right now.

No chance Tomlin is fired. 

• Like (+1) 27
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Dallas - Garret is gone

Damn, if Pittsburgh fires Tomlin I would be surprised. If that happens Cleveland should fire Kitchens right away and hire Tomlin. 

I can’t see Kitchens surviving the ***** show the Browns have been this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, wppete said:

Black Monday tomorrow in the NFL. What are your predictions???

Cleveland - Kitchens out for sure?

Jacksonville - St. Doug out?

NYG - Shurmur gone?

Dallas - Garrett fired?

Washington - Are they going to hire Rivera? Prob the smartest thing they can do. 

Who else???? What about the hires? Any surprise new coaches? 

Well seeing that we already know Doug is gone and so is Kitchens. Garret is probably gone if they don't get in... 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No chance Tomlin is fired. 

Why?  Have you not noticed the crappy job he has done with the QB situation between Duck Hodges and Mason Rudolph?  Tomlin played both like it is pre season, switching between the two of them.  He could have got the team in the playoffs, but didn't...for two years in a row.

I’ll go out on a limb and pick Lynn in LA. 
I don’t think it’s cause he’s a bad coach, as an organization they are just in a weird place. 
Rivers is probably done there. Is it smart to actually sign him back up for them? 
Obviously Gordon is probably done there. 
Do they resign Ekeler? Keenan Allen is a little older. Hunter Henry? Worth money or always injured? 
Lynn made one mistake that I know of playing Gordon so much when Ekeler is just light years ahead of him this season. 

It’s a team to watch. And a team that is in a very crucial crossroads. I can see wanting to go in a fresh direction if they’re letting some of those players above walk. I can also see wanting to pair a new coach with a new quarterback. Once again I like Lynn. I don’t think he deserves to be fired. But I think he could be based on where the chargers are at. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Tomlin could be a contender for coach of the year

Garrett is the modern nfl's Wayne Fontes  I cant believe how long he's survived  I'm surprised Patricia will be back

If impersonating a deer in headlights is a prerequisite for coach of the year, Tomlin has it wrapped up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Why?  Have you not noticed the crappy job he has done with the QB situation between Duck Hodges and Mason Rudolph?  Tomlin played both like it is pre season, switching between the two of them.  He could have got the team in the playoffs, but didn't...for two years in a row.

Because the Steelers are not a hire em and fire em organisation and without his franchise QB for the whole year he won 8 games. 

There is zero chance they fire him tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Because the Steelers are not a hire em and fire em organisation and without his franchise QB for the whole year he won 8 games. 

There is zero chance they fire him tomorrow. 

Then it will be three years in a row they don't make the playoffs.  Sucks to be a Steeler fan.

• Like (+1) 3

Then it will be three years in a row they don't make the playoffs.  Sucks to be a Steeler fan.

how many Super Bowls they have?  Pretty sure the fans  will be ok.  To win 8 games with Devlin Hodges and Mason Rudolph is not shabby

• Like (+1) 8

I am not telling you he is a great coach (although he has never had a losing season in 13 years) but there is no chance they fire him this year. Steelers have major personnel issues looming on offense. Who knows whether Ben is back, the oline has been great but is creaking with age, JuJu has been banged up and it isn't quite the same as being the #2 to the best receiver in football and James Conner is a nice player and a nice story but nothing more than that. It is very possible that they are about to embark on a rebuild on that side and that Tomlin does not survive it. But the axe will not fall this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not telling you he is a great coach (although he has never had a losing season in 13 years) but there is no chance they fire him this year. Steelers have major personnel issues looming on offense. Who knows whether Ben is back, the oline has been great but is creaking with age, JuJu has been banged up and it isn't quite the same as being the #2 to the best receiver in football and James Conner is a nice player and a nice story but nothing more than that. It is very possible that they are about to embark on a rebuild on that side and that Tomlin does not survive it. But the axe will not fall this year. 

What Tomlin did this year is very similar to me what Mcdermott did year one here. Taking a group of rag tag backup practice squad level players on offense and a solid defense and getting the very most from them and competing to back into a wildcard spot. 
I would be shocked to see him fired. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

What Tomlin did this year is very similar to me what Mcdermott did year one here. Taking a group of rag tag backup practice squad level players on offense and a solid defense and getting the very most from them and competing to back into a wildcard spot. 
I would be shocked to see him fired. 

I agree. 

• Like (+1) 1