[Edited title] Duke williams should play

Just now, Dr. K said:

WTF are you talking about? I didn't say not play him. I think they SHOULD play him.

But he still acts like a jackass when he makes a catch. 

Who cares if he’s productive? He probably was just having fun today as he knows his days are probably numbered here with this coaching staff, that’s wtf I’m talking about....

55 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I have been saying Duke should be active all season, and ya know what, I have been right all season.  He out performs his competition at WR hands down every time he is on the field and used. Coach has been wrong on this all season.

10-6 baby!

Playoff bound!!

Go Bills!!!

has anyone asked McD why he continues to dress Foster and McKenzie over Duke? I’d love to hear the answer.  His stubbornness toward his favorites (Benjamin last year) is annoying.   

56 minutes ago, delirious said:

This has probably already been said in another thread, but why dress two safeties?  Why can't we just dress one safety, and still have foster, mckenzie and duke active?

I assume you meant two backup safeties. But point taken - that’s another option to get Duke on the field. We’ll see what the coaches do after today. Not sure they are going to deviate from what they’ve been doing though at this point.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

I assume you meant two backup safeties. But point taken - that’s another option to get Duke on the field. We’ll see what the coaches do after today. Not sure they are going to deviate from what they’ve been doing though at this point.

Yeah hahaha that's what I meant.

I agree that they are probably not going to change anything

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Every game Duke has played he's proved he can make any catch. Sideline, over the middle, deep pass etc. If he doesn't play vs houston, I litterally have no idea what a player would have to do to earn the coaching staffs trust 

Tracking the ball over the shoulder and adjusting to it is not easy.  Maybe JB is the only other wr any good at it.  

It's ludicrous to me that with just 4 starts, Williams is our #4 WR in terms of production and after Brown (2) and Beasley (2) is the only other pass catcher to produce a 100 yard game.  I am baffled at the huge gap between the production of Buffalo's top 2 vs everyone else. We have a 1 and a 2, but really, Buffalo does not have an actual WR3.  The Don Beebe.  The Josh Reed.  The Marquise Goodwin.  The guy who is good for maybe 400 to 500 yards and 3 TD on a season.  McKenzie comes close, I guess, if you add in the jet sweeps and reverses, but not really as a pass catching WR.  

Does a team really even need a WR3?  I'm not sure, but if they do I think Williams could be that guy. Good size, good hands, good effort after the catch, and good blocking. Good work ethic.  Ok route running.  But most importantly, produces when given a chance. Has a little bit of that "it" factor. 

I'm not a coach, so I don't have clue why Williams has not seen the field more this year or why, in general, the Bills don't seem to have a WR3, but it would be nice to have someone who could fill that role going into the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I know why he is not playing.  Dabol Alabama.  William's Auburn.  So there you have it.

I had the same epiphany today, I cannot think of any other good reason why he's not active each week . . . think about it, who would they sit? Foster = Alabama guy.

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

Maybe Duke should spend the time that he uses practicing his 7 yard catch celebrations on gunner practice and he would be on the roster every week. Every fan knows the 4-5th receiver on game day needs to be on teams. I dislike Foster and think he is a roster spot waste but why doesn’t Duke play teams should be the main question. Big body guy with speed should be perfect right ? Daboll doesn’t pick teams players. That should be a question for McD that gets asked every week. 

Do you mean "special" teams?

14 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

It's ludicrous to me that with just 4 starts, Williams is our #4 WR in terms of production and after Brown (2) and Beasley (2) is the only other pass catcher to produce a 100 yard game.  I am baffled at the huge gap between the production of Buffalo's top 2 vs everyone else. We have a 1 and a 2, but really, Buffalo does not have an actual WR3.  The Don Beebe.  The Josh Reed.  The Marquise Goodwin.  The guy who is good for maybe 400 to 500 yards and 3 TD on a season.  McKenzie comes close, I guess, if you add in the jet sweeps and reverses, but not really as a pass catching WR.  

Does a team really even need a WR3?  I'm not sure, but if they do I think Williams could be that guy. Good size, good hands, good effort after the catch, and good blocking. Good work ethic.  Ok route running.  But most importantly, produces when given a chance. Has a little bit of that "it" factor. 

I'm not a coach, so I don't have clue why Williams has not seen the field more this year or why, in general, the Bills don't seem to have a WR3, but it would be nice to have someone who could fill that role going into the playoffs. 

They need some production from a 3rd wr  Its been an issue the whole season.  I thought Foster would come around after he flashed last year but he's been terrible. Were a injury away from being a 1 wr offense  Duke could be what they thought Kelvin Benjamin would bring to the table

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Coach doesn't like him because he's a hotdog. 

So coach him not to be a hotdog.  Also, a little hot-doggery is acceptable if you back it up with performance.  See: Shaq Lawson.   

Edited by ChicagoRic
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The stubborn nature of these coaches is staggering. Duke rarely playing, but when he does he shines. Singletary not playing till late in the year. Yeldon gives this offense another dimension? So many odd decisions on offense by Daboll?

I just don’t understand it duke is the kind of WR that shines in game action 50/50 balls shields his self off from DB. Out running people and doing things in practice isn’t his game. The few times I’ve seen him reminds me of boldwin not fast doesn't run great routes but knows how to attack the ball. Ps we need that 

I don't know how the Bills can possibly not have Duke active for next week.  He gives the offense something they don't otherwise have, a bigger WR target that can break tackles.  The guy is open on most plays just due to his size.  The Bills have plenty of speed in Brown and McKenzie.  They need a larger target especially with a QB that has some accuracy challenges.  He's a chain mover.  Foster can sit. 

One condition though.  Duke's gotta stop with the constant celebrations.  Catch the ball, run and when the play is over get to the huddle. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm assuming we can put the Da'rick Rogers/Brandon Reilly, "oh Bills fans just love practice squad WR's" nonsense to rest now. It would be insane if he doesn't suit up next week. 

5 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I’d take Duke over McKenzie any day. 

Meanwhile Robert Foster somehow sneaks into the lineup again? He's the one that needs to go. The regular season's over, there are no late season heroics that we can still hope for. He was awful this year.

5 hours ago, Bakin said:

learn to play Special Teams and you would certainly take Fosters spot. 

What about the fact that Duke is a great blocker and Foster isn't? Shouldn't that cancel out the special teams argument? It's very clear who the better pass catcher is.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I'm assuming we can put the Da'rick Rogers/Brandon Reilly, "oh Bills fans just love practice squad WR's" nonsense to rest now. It would be insane if he doesn't suit up next week. 

Meanwhile Robert Foster somehow sneaks into the lineup again? He's the one that needs to go. The regular season's over, there are no late season heroics that we can still hope for. He was awful this year.

What about the fact that Duke is a great blocker and Foster isn't? Shouldn't that cancel out the special teams argument? It's very clear who the better pass catcher is.

Not sure about blocking but it’s clear who’s the better WR this season. 
I assume Foster is an ST stud and that’s why he gets the nod. 
someone needs to ask the question ....