Brian Daboll cost us the division title

Tesla03

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It is always the OC's fault in Buffalo. Everyone will claim they didn't now but people hated Roman when he was here too. 

You are correct  But Roman had a philosophy and a direction for the offense  Bills were running team and hell or high water they tried to run the football .  When it worked Roman stuck with it     He just didnt have a passing offense to come back in games the Bills fell behind. 

I cant figure out what we are under Daboll  No consistency and he'll divert from something that is working at any whim  Clueless on how to use match ups with personnel to gain advantage

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is always the OC's fault in Buffalo. Everyone will claim they didn't now but people hated Roman when he was here too. 

Roman sucked when he was here, the offense couldn't score any points and Rex's craptastic defense couldn't stop anyone.  Anthony Lynn did a good job simplifying and tailoring Roman's offense for Tyrod.  Maybe someone else can do the same with Daboll's playbook.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Roman sucked when he was here, the offense couldn't score any points and Rex's craptastic defense couldn't stop anyone.  Anthony Lynn did a good job simplifying and tailoring Roman's offense for Tyrod.  Maybe someone else can do the same with Daboll's playbook.

Roman did not suck here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichVP said:

I think the loss to the pats was in all 3 phases of the game. Not just on offense. If our rushing defense held, or some of the short passing game was prevented, or we didn't have so may long fields and given the Pat's* so many short ones, we would have won that game.

I also think that if the Bills have won the game things would have happened differently today. The Pat's* may have had more incentive with the Division and the Bye week in play still and may have had more focus after a loss to the Bills. Conversely the Bill's playing today with the division title on the line may have had serious injuries to various starters. It's a whole what if game that seems silly.

I'm happy where the Bill's are, in the play offs, about to play the Texans next week, which is probably their best match up. I'm also happy with the Pat's* losing and missing out on a Bye week as they need that for any hope of getting healthy and making a run for another super bowl.

I'll enjoy that instead of what if's and blame game for a Bill's team that outside of western New York was seen as an after thought this year.

I mean a first round bye is a lot of incentive 

1 hour ago, Agent 91 said:

Chan Gailey masquerading as a HC when all he cared about was offense was our best OC lol

This may not be far from the truth. I always wished that there would have been a way to keep Gailey when St Doug got the nod. Gailey’s offensive game planning was good, he called a good game, he just lacked any kind of real talent on the team. 

When you play to win every game 17-14, it is a razor thin edge.  A dropped pass, a throw a little off is always magnified.  10-6 in retrospect was the minimum this team should have gone.....  Played two teams with over 10 wins all year and only 2 others that ended up over .500.  

Daboll & the whole offensive philosophy has been lousy all year.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Not to mention we had an OC named Greg Roman who Wrecks decided to fire after an 0-2 start, and guess who is changing pro football this year.

I believe Rex fired him after the night game against the Jets when his defense got scorched by Fitz.  

36 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Well almost nothing would still be more than Williams contributed in his 2nd and 3rd game active. Think it was one catch in the two games.

Yet Foster has been active every week and Duke a few games.  Duke has doubled Fosters production.

4 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

1) Daboll is horribly insipid.

2) Some sub standard WRs & TEs have trouble catching the ball

3) The QB hasn’t ONCE dropped over the shoulder balls, on a dime, to his Receivers, like Joe Burrow did 5 x in one HALF yesterday! 

Simply, not very good.

Saw Sweeney and Williams catch some balls today that our starters haven;t many times this year.

Edited by BearNorth

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We haven't had a top 10 offense since 2003, got to blame someone & the OC is the only consistent. 

The constant was a lack of QB and offensive talent to go with it. Hopefully that has changed , but we’re not out of the woods completely yet. 

• Like (+1) 1