Where were you during "wide right"?

class_of_2012

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

College in Cleveland, swearing every time Kelly did not hand the ball to Thurman and Talley missing another tackle.  Thirman would have had 200 all purpose yards that day. Two more stops by the defense and we blow that game wide open in the third quarter. 

Yep, Thurman had more yards that game than OJ Anderson, but it was Anderson who won MVP. Still upsets me to this day.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Kneeing in front of the TV, praying

Same here, pretty much. My Dad, my brother, and I were lined up shoulder to shoulder, on all fours staring up at the TV like obedient dogs waiting for a treat. Sadly, there was no treat. Afterward, I retired to my bedroom for a good cry. I was 12. 

1 hour ago, class_of_2012 said:

Yep, Thurman had more yards that game than OJ Anderson, but it was Anderson who won MVP. Still upsets me to this day.

so maybe they could have thrown the ball more and reduced the rushing stats?

I was hosting a super bowl party at my home with my cousin from buffalo and family in attendance here in San Diego plus a few friends. I remember being very anxious and actually couldn’t watch the kick I knew my groups reaction would tell the tale. It ended with they throwing down F bombs and me Eventually crying. I went through all the grief stages so many woulda coulda shouldas. I taped it and eventually threw the tape away I’d never rewatch it. Super tough loss

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

At my parents with Mr CGF, our son  and my sister and brother-in-law. . My sister was pregnant. Had her water broke we would have headed to the hospital. As a Cowboys fan,I was NOT cheering for the Giants.The next day my sister had my niece. Other than the result I will always remember the date because of my niece.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

3 hours ago, TroutDog said:

I didn’t feel sorry for him, I felt bad for the team and us fans. 

If only we had gotten Christie sooner.  If only...

Bill Polian definitely didn't subscribe to the "growth mindset" school of thought.

He was good but if you wanted him to fix a problem the last thing you should do is point it out because he was stubborn to a fault.

We knew that Norwood was a liability coming into the season.    

He was coming off a lesser season in 1989 where his decreasing leg strength became a concern.   Not just on scoring opps but his kickoffs were very poor and that was a bigger part of the game than it is now.

The Bills brought Brad "pop goes" Daluiso in to handle kickoffs in 1991 but they kept Norwood because Polian wanted to win with Norwood to show he wasn't wrong for not replacing him after 1989 rather than do the right thing and get a better kicker.

He did similarly with the NT and FS positions which were oft-criticized by the media and NFL observers but that just strengthened Polian's resolve to not upgrade the roster there.

• Like (+1) 2

On the 5 yard line, Giants side. Waaayyy up in something like row 88. 

The ending sucked but going to see the Bills in the big game was an awesome experience. I hope a whole new group of Bills fans get the chance soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sitting in Tampa stadium, still have the ticket stubs and seat cushions. Same with the next three SBs the Bills lost.

Worst crowd ever was in Minnesota with the obnoxious Redskin fans. Cowboys and Giants fans were a dream compared to the fans who sat behind us a few rows up from the field around the 45 yard line. However, the NFL experience was great in Minnesota as not many NFL fans showed up until the weekend.