Two Bills Drive | Buffalo Bills Forums | SabreSpace | Buffalo Sabres Forums

Buffalo Bills News - October 21, 2014

Marker Buffalo Bills place RB on injured reserve - designated to return [5:02 PM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'By placing him on this list, the Bills are holding out hope that Spiller will be able to return to the field at some point in 2014, though that's no guarantee.'

Marker Buffalo Bills to sign RB Phillip Tanner to add depth behind Anthony Dixon and Bryce Brown [5:01 PM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'Tanner spent his first three seasons in the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys after going undrafted out of Tennessee State. He has never rushed for more than 38 yards in a single game but could add value on special teams. Even with the signing of Tanner, Anthony Dixon and Bryce Brown figure to be the two running backs to receive most of the carries for the Bills in the absence of Jackson and Spiller.'

Marker Former NBA All-Star, 'Survivor' contestant arrested after Bills-Vikings game on Sunday [5:01 PM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'Robinson, who went to Riverside High School in Buffalo, played 1,380 games in the NBA for five teams including the Portland Trail Blazers, Phoenix Suns and Detroit Pistons.'

Marker Bills' Spiller has chance to return from injury [5:00 PM]
AP reports: 'The Bills kept their options open with Spiller by placing him on the reserve injured/designated to return list, a day after he had surgery to repair a collarbone injury. The designation means Spiller would have the chance to resume practicing in six weeks, and return to action two weeks later, when the Bills travel to play Oakland on Dec. 21.'

Marker Bills put Spiller on short-term IR [4:59 PM]
The Sports Network reports: 'Spiller underwent surgery Monday to repair a broken clavicle.'

Marker Spiller to IR; Bills sign RB Tanner [4:59 PM]
The Sports Xchange reports: 'Tanner played in 40 games spanning three seasons for the Dallas Cowboys. The 26-year-old had 149 yards rushing and two touchdowns on 56 carries and nine catches for 93 yards while he was with the Cowboys. '

Marker Spiller placed on short-term IR, Bills sign running back [4:58 PM]
WGR-AM reports: 'The short-term IR designation means the earliest the running back can return to the team for a game will be in Week 16 game on the road against the Oakland Raiders. By rule, the player must miss a minimum of eight weeks but is allowed to return to practice, if cleared by the medical staff, two weeks ahead of their official return to the field.'

Marker Watching Watkins [4:57 PM]
WGR-AM reports: 'In the New England game, Watkins was primarily lined up outside the numbers, and stayed away from the middle of the field so that Kyle Orton could find Scott Chandler, and other WRs. To a degree, the game plan worked. However, after the game that Watkins just put up Sunday, it'd be a crime for the Bills to ever give him another three-target game.'

Marker Bills Win Costly, Ugly Battle [4:57 PM]
Bills Daily reports: 'And so we look forward to what has become a huge test for the Bills. Win this and the other games the Bills should win and the Bills could see the postseason, especially if they can win a game you think they’ll probably lose. Lose against the Jets and the team could freefall back to its normal near the bottom of the division spot.'

Marker 5 things to know about new Bills RB Phillip Tanner [4:56 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: 'During a preseason game against the Chargers in his rookie season in Dallas, Tanner went on a run so explosive that his helmet came off en route to the endzone. Unfortunately it didn’t count because of a new NFL rule that play is called dead once the ball carrier’s helmet comes off, but it was legendary in its own right and showcases Tanner’s athletic ability.'

Marker RB Phillip Tanner joins Bills, C.J. Spiller goes to IR-Return [4:55 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: 'The Buffalo Bills also announced that the team has placed RB C.J. Spiller on the Reserve/Injured, Designated for Return list.'

Marker 12 things to know after the Bills-Vikings game [4:55 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: 'All nine of Watkins’ receptions accounted for a first down or a touchdown.'

Marker Sammy Watkins a candidate for NFL Rookie of the Week [4:54 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: 'Watkins tallied nine catches for 122 yards and a pair of touchdowns – all career-highs – in the Bills 17-16 comeback win over the Minnesota Vikings at Ralph Wilson Stadium. With just one second remaining, Watkins' TD grab near the boundary capped a 15-play, 80-yard drive that lifted the Bills to victory.'

Marker Boobie Dixon, Bryce Brown ready to step in [4:53 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: '“My main thing really is to get in learn the game plan and pick up where those guys left off,” said Brown. “It’s unfortunate that they went down and suffered injuries, but that’s why we compete in our room and have guys that can come in and take up where they left off.”'

Marker Dixon, Brown are Bills’ next backs up [1:59 AM]
Buffalo News reports: '“First we’ve got to get the plan together,” he said. “We’ll just see what gives us the best opportunity and then we’ll just watch them in practice. I think we have a good feel for what Boobie can do in games. Bryce, we have a good feel for what he can do in practice and a little bit of a feel of what he’s been able to accomplish in games.”'

Marker Bills will see if trade for Brown pays off [1:58 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'Well, here’s his chance. Doug Whaley traded for him because he felt Brown, who is 6-foot, 220 pounds, had the potential to be a star. Now, Brown gets what amounts to an audition for the role as the Bills’ featured back of the future.'

Marker Former NBA player among 42 arrested after Bills game [1:57 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'Clifford R. Robinson, a former National Basketball Association all-star player, was among the 42 drivers arrested by State Police and Orchard Park Police on drunken driving and other charges after the Buffalo Bills game Sunday, State Police said.'

Marker Ralph Wilson’s staggering final gift will have enormous impact in Buffalo [1:56 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'Much of the $1.4 billion that Terry and Kim Pegula paid for the Bills is being directed to the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation, with instructions that the money be spent only in his hometown of Detroit and his adopted home of Buffalo. Thus, the Wilson Foundation will instantly have the clout to make a larger impact in Buffalo than any of this city’s other very generous, but smaller, foundations.'

Marker Bryce Brown believes he can produce for Bills [1:55 AM]
Rochester D&C reports: '"I know that I can perform and I can play on this level and I can play just as well as anybody who's been playing so far," Brown said Monday morning. "That's how I truly feel, but at the end of the day, I don't control who's active and who's not. Unfortunately it was me, but I don't want to focus on that because that's not important."'

Marker Kyle Orton's drive is one for the ages [1:54 AM]
Rochester D&C reports: 'Rescuing what had been a pretty horrible day of offense for Buffalo, Orton marched the Bills 80 yards in 15 plays before hitting Sammy Watkins with the winning TD in the final second. Orton overcame two penalties, two sacks, a drop, a third-and-12, and a fourth-and-20. He completed 8 of 13 passes for 105 yards and looked in complete command of what he was doing. How refreshing was that?'

Marker Bryce Brown not short on confidence as opportunity emerges in Buffalo Bills backfield [1:53 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: '"I think anybody that watches football or knows the game of football knows that I can play," Brown said. "I definitely don't have anything to prove to myself. I believe in myself. I believe in my capabilities. I know what I've done and I know I can do better."'

Marker Sammy Watkins' game-winning touchdown against Vikings shows he's turning a corner [1:52 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: '"I've got to come out and make plays," Watkins said. "I've got to be dominant early."'

Marker Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson could miss up to four weeks with groin injury [1:51 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: '"It's typically a four-week injury, but we're trying to do some things to get it sped up," Jackson said. "I like to think of myself as somebody that can come back before typical. It's just going to be one me to get in there and rehab."'

Marker Brandon Spikes shocked by Percy Harvin trade, says Jets receiver was great teammate at Florida [1:50 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: '"I know what he's capable of," Spikes said. "He's a game-changer. Any moment you get the ball in his hands he can take it the distance. You have to respect that. You have to be prepared. he can hurt you, special teams, offensively. He can do it all. He's a phenomenal player. He's the best offensive player I've ever seen in my life."'

Marker Run defense struggles, and 5 observations from the stats [1:49 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'How did it happen? Missed tackles, the occasional missed assignment and a patient running back willing to take advantage.'

Marker Buffalo TV station headline says Bills 'play like garbage,' and it was no mistake [1:48 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'It was no mistake, just honesty, according to Jonah Javad, a sports anchor and reporter at WGRZ.'

Marker Bills' Jackson says he could be out a month [1:47 AM]
AP reports: 'Jackson told WGR radio Monday that doctors gave him that prognosis.'

Marker Bills running back Spiller out indefinitely [1:46 AM]
AP reports: 'The injuries leave Buffalo (4-3) turning to backups Anthony Dixon and Bryce Brown to carry the load for the near future.'

Marker Bills RB Spiller has surgery [1:45 AM]
The Sports Network reports: 'Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone confirmed that running back C.J. Spiller underwent surgery Monday to repair a broken clavicle.'

Marker Bills' Jackson may miss month; Spiller to have surgery [1:44 AM]
The Sports Xchange reports: 'Spiller is in the final year of his rookie contract, meaning his last play with the team might have been Sunday's 53-yard burst that ended in injury.'

Page 1 of 2067 pages  1 2 3 >  Last »

09/07 @ Chicago Bears 1:00 pm
09/14 Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm
09/21 San Diego Chargers 1:00 pm
09/28 @ Houston Texans 1:00 pm
10/05 @ Detroit Lions 1:00 pm
10/12 New England Patriots 1:00 pm
10/19 Minnesota Vikings 1:00 pm
10/26 @ New York Jets 1:00 pm
11/09 Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 pm
11/13 @ Miami Dolphins 8:25 pm
11/23 New York Jets 1:00 pm