Two Bills Drive | Buffalo Bills Forums | SabreSpace | Buffalo Sabres Forums

Buffalo Bills News - October 23, 2014

Marker Buffalo (4-3) at N.Y. Jets (1-6) [2:00 PM]
The Sports Network reports: 'Bills 21, Jets 20.'

Marker Jets Game Preview [1:59 PM]
Bills Daily reports: 'Jets 16, Bills 14.'

Marker 5 things Buffalo Bills fans should know about running back Anthony 'Boobie' Dixon [1:58 PM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'Dixon started with nothing. At times growing up in Mississippi, Dixon was homeless. He was raised by a single mother working two jobs, making Dixon a father figure for his four brothers. To say Dixon had it tough is an understatement. But he made it through and was smiling every step of the way.'

Marker 5 things Buffalo Bills fans should know about running back Bryce Brown [1:57 PM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'Coming out of high school, Brown was one of the biggest recruits in the country. He initially landed at Tennessee but was unhappy about his playing time, so he transferred to Kansas State. Brown then left Kansas State early to enter the 2012 NFL Draft. He never started a college game and was drafted in the seventh round.'

Marker Bills seek to plug leaks, cut down on Orton’s sacks [1:59 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'It’s an ominous trend, especially as the Bills prepare for Sunday’s game against the New York Jets, who despite their 1-6 record, have this going for them: They rank fourth in the NFL with 20 sacks and do an excellent job of pressuring the passer.'

Marker Polian a Hall finalist as a contributor [1:58 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'Former Buffalo Bills General Manager Bill Polian is a finalist for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.'

Marker Ryan keeps smiling through Jets’ turbulence [1:57 AM]
Buffalo News reports: '“You handle it the same as if you were 6-1,” Ryan said. “You go about your job and you just do the best you can as a coach, and you line it up each week. That’s what we do. We put everything we have into our preparation and putting our players in a position where we think they can be successful.”'

Marker Dixon ready to show he can carry the load [1:56 AM]
Buffalo News reports: '“Me and Bryce are going to do it together as a combination,” Dixon said. “That’s pretty much how we’re going to get it done. We’re going to compete this week and see who’s got a feel for the plays that” offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett “wants to run, and then on Sunday, we’re going to go with it.”'

Marker Bills guard Kraig Urbik may return to starting lineup [1:55 AM]
Rochester D&C reports: '"I'm definitely ready every week, preparing like I'm the starter," said Urbik, who has played only 55 offensive snaps (out of 450), all in the Week 3 game against San Diego when he took over for Williams, who suffered a back injury early that day. "Being the backup who dresses on game day, you're always one play away from starting. So I prepare every week like I'm starting, and I'll be ready."

Marker Percy Harvin expected to play against Bills Sunday [1:54 AM]
Rochester D&C reports: '"It's awful hard to come in and, 'Oh by the way here's the offense, learn it in a week,' " Ryan said. "I don't know if that's realistic. But we'll have some plays for him and get him back there to return a kick and things like that. I'd love to see him make a difference immediately, but again, we'll see how he does during the week. How much he can pick up of this offense and then let him go."

Marker Anthony Dixon, Kraig Urbik running with first team at Buffalo Bills practice [1:53 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'Meanwhile, the Bills have made a change on the offensive line. After a few rough games in a row, rookie fifth-round pick Cyril Richardson has been replaced as the team's starting left guard in favor of Kraig Urbik, who started all 16 games at right guard for the Bills in 2013. Erik Pears was still running with the first-team offense at right guard.'

Marker Mike Williams says he wasn't late to game on Sunday, weighs in on falling down Bills depth chart [1:52 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: '"They going to find something to talk about," Williams said. "I left my pads in there, so I left (the locker room) full-padded. I was there first, so I couldn't be late if I was full padded. So I left my pads in here, came back and got them, and then ran back up there full-padded again."'

Marker Rex Ryan says Percy Harvin is his type of player, admits New York Jets are in desperate times [1:51 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: '"Spikes is one of those guys that I like," Ryan said with a laugh on a conference call with Buffalo reporters. "He's a tough guy, a mean guy, a tough guy. I like guys that are competitors, and Spikes is exactly right. That's why I like him so much, and that's why I like Kyle Williams so much. Same thing with Percy Harvin. You know, Percy's a big-time competitor. You know, is he perfect? Does he have some things that he probably wished he had back? Sure, but we all have. He's been treated no different. I told him to be himself. We'll see how it works out, but we're happy he's here."'

Marker Mario Williams, Sammy Watkins added to Buffalo Bills injury report [1:50 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'Williams is dealing with a thumb injury, while Watkins is dealing with a groin injury and said he didn't miss a single rep in practice.'

Marker Thursday's New York Coverage [1:49 AM]
TwoBillsDrive.com reports:
NY Jets want Percy Harvin to play it, not say it after Seahawks controversy (New York Daily News)
Season already grounded but NY Jets finally on run (New York Daily News)
Rex Ryan gets on conference call with Bills' Sammy Watkins, jokingly asks him not to play vs. NY Jets (New York Daily News)
New NY Jet Percy Harvin in middle of Seahawks divide: report (New York Daily News)
Deep impact (New York Post)
Vick: Harvin ‘won’t be a monster here’ (New York Post)
How Rex Ryan played a prank on Sammy Watkins (New York Post)
Jets won't let Percy Harvin talk to media until Friday (Newsday)
Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley happy to have his new deal 'out of the way' (Newsday)
Percy Harvin might provide answer for Jets' question on Geno Smith (Newsday)
Rex Ryan poses as reporter to quiz Sammy Watkins about his son Seth (Newsday)
Percy Harvin's potential role with the Jets (Newsday)
Jets' Rex Ryan bullish about Percy Harvin's potential as outside WR, punt returner, despite inexperience (Newark Star Ledger)
Percy Harvin instructed by Jets not to talk to reporters (Newark Star Ledger)
Jets' Quincy Enunwa on dismissal of domestic violence charge: 'I guess you could say it's a relief' (Newark Star Ledger)
Jeremy Kerley jokes that he will 'buy Bentleys for everybody' with Jets contract extension money (Newark Star Ledger)
5 reasons Percy Harvin can succeed with Jets (Newark Star Ledger)
How well do Jets' Michael Vick and Percy Harvin know each other? Depends on who you ask (Newark Star Ledger)
Jets WR Percy Harvin was turning Seahawks locker room against Russell Wilson, report says (Newark Star Ledger)
Jets coach Rex Ryan pretends to be reporter, asks Bills WR Sammy Watkins question (Newark Star Ledger)
Bilal Powell, Phillip Adams, Greg Salas practice Wednesday; Jets near full strength (Newark Star Ledger)
Team's task is to use Percy Harvin (Bergen Record)
Jets 'D' looking very un-Rex like (Bergen Record)
Geno Smith must use Percy Harvin advantage (Bergen Record)
Kerley happy to sign new contract with Jets (Bergen Record)
Jets look ahead: Bills (Bergen Record)
Jets Pass Defense Has Been Passable (Wall Street Journal)
Smith: Percy Harvin isn't in this alone (ESPN New York)
Is Rex Ryan Facing A 9-Game Audition? (WFAN-AM)
Smith has 9 games to show Jets he's answer at QB (AP)
Jets' Enunwa moving forward after charge dismissed (AP)
Harvin trade may be key in two legacies (The Sports Xchange)
Bills' Front 4 Has Geno's, O-Line's Attention (NewYorkJets.com)
Gameday guide: 10/26 Jets vs. Bills (NewYorkJets.com)
Jets Will Don All Green Sunday (NewYorkJets.com)

Marker Bills rookie Seantrel Henderson looks nothing like a projected football bust [1:39 AM]
Yahoo! Sports reports: 'Henderson won a starting job at right tackle and he has kept it. He has not missed a snap all season – one of only four offensive players on the team who can say that. This is where Henderson should have been headed all along – a starting spot in the NFL – but the fact that he's such a low-round pick makes him one of the biggest steals of the draft.'

Marker Revis reversal: Bills' rookie Watkins bounces back [1:39 AM]
AP reports: '"Just going against him, your confidence has got to come up. I mean, he didn't beat me every play," Watkins said Wednesday, referring to Revis, a five-time Pro Bowl selection. "I think he knows I can compete with him. And once you get that down, you come out and play fast every week."'

Marker Bills-Jets Preview [1:38 AM]
AP reports: 'Buffalo (4-3) ranked second with 144.2 rushing yards per game last season, but the surprising club has dropped to 19th at 103.4 with two rookies on the offensive line in 2014.'

Marker Bills' Marrone mulls how to rotate remaining running backs [1:37 AM]
The Sports Xchange reports: '"You know, I don't really know that yet," Marrone said. "It's not like we sit down and we say that. We're going to look at practice and set the plan and see where it goes.'

Marker Beleaguered Bills try a changing of the guard [1:36 AM]
The Sports Xchange reports: '"I'm definitely ready every week, preparing like I'm the starter," he said. "Being the backup who dresses on game day, you're always one play away from starting. So I prepare every week like I'm starting, and I'll be ready."'

Marker Bills give Urbik first team reps [1:35 AM]
WGR-AM reports: 'With his move to the starting lineup, Urbik takes the place of rookie fifth-round selection Cyril Richardson. Richardson started the past four games but has largely been inefficient since taking over for the injured Chris Williams.'

Marker Kraig Urbik the likely change at left guard [1:34 AM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: '“He may. He may,” said Marrone of Urbik when asked if he’ll start at left guard on Sunday in place of rookie Cyril Richardson. “We’re trying to get better. We’re looking at a couple of options.”'

Marker A hero's welcome for Hogan [1:33 AM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: 'His leaping, twisting catch down by the goal line last week to convert a 2nd-and-20 in the waning seconds to set up the game-winning touchdown last Sunday has gained national attention. It was ranked number six on ESPN’s Top 10 NFL plays from Week 7, and ESPN Radio’s ‘Mike & Mike’ show ranked it the number one ‘Climb the Ladder Catch of the Week.’ As a result Hogan’s family is now expecting more than double the support for the upstart receiver and his Bills teammates. Not bad for a college lacrosse player.'

Contribute to Two Bills Drive! - Submit Bills Articles and Videos!

October 22, 2014

Marker Bills have had their share of good fortune [10:48 AM]
Olean Times Herald reports: 'Had Buffalo not dropped that game and quarterback E.J. Manuel struggled so mightily, Kyle Orton wouldn’t have taken over as starting QB. And while there’s no definitive proof, it can be easily speculated that the Bills wouldn’t have won at Detroit or on Sunday against the Vikings had the switch not been made.'

Marker Watkins turns on the electricity for Bills [1:59 AM]
Buffalo News reports: '“It was one of the best moments I’ve had in the NFL,” said Watkins, who still has only a seven-game sample to choose from. “We made the play. We made it happen at the end of the game.”'

Marker It’s pretty clear defense will have to carry season [1:58 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'Buffalo is eighth in points per game allowed, 11th in yards allowed per game, fourth against the run, first in sacks, tied for third in interceptions and third-down defense and sixth in fewest plays allowed of 20 yards or longer. The defense enabled them to win three games by a field goal or less.'

Marker Buffalo Bills place RB on injured reserve - designated to return [1:57 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'By placing him on this list, the Bills are holding out hope that Spiller will be able to return to the field at some point in 2014, though that's no guarantee.'

Marker Buffalo Bills to sign RB Phillip Tanner to add depth behind Anthony Dixon and Bryce Brown [1:56 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'Tanner spent his first three seasons in the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys after going undrafted out of Tennessee State. He has never rushed for more than 38 yards in a single game but could add value on special teams. Even with the signing of Tanner, Anthony Dixon and Bryce Brown figure to be the two running backs to receive most of the carries for the Bills in the absence of Jackson and Spiller.'

Marker Former NBA All-Star, 'Survivor' contestant arrested after Bills-Vikings game on Sunday [1:55 AM]
Syracuse Post-Standard reports: 'Robinson, who went to Riverside High School in Buffalo, played 1,380 games in the NBA for five teams including the Portland Trail Blazers, Phoenix Suns and Detroit Pistons.'

Marker Bills' Spiller has chance to return from injury [1:54 AM]
AP reports: 'The Bills kept their options open with Spiller by placing him on the reserve injured/designated to return list, a day after he had surgery to repair a collarbone injury. The designation means Spiller would have the chance to resume practicing in six weeks, and return to action two weeks later, when the Bills travel to play Oakland on Dec. 21.'

Page 1 of 2068 pages  1 2 3 >  Last »

09/07 @ Chicago Bears 1:00 pm
09/14 Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm
09/21 San Diego Chargers 1:00 pm
09/28 @ Houston Texans 1:00 pm
10/05 @ Detroit Lions 1:00 pm
10/12 New England Patriots 1:00 pm
10/19 Minnesota Vikings 1:00 pm
10/26 @ New York Jets 1:00 pm
11/09 Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 pm
11/13 @ Miami Dolphins 8:25 pm
11/23 New York Jets 1:00 pm