Two Bills Drive | Buffalo Bills Forums | SabreSpace | Buffalo Sabres Forums

Buffalo Bills News - April 24, 2004

Marker First Round: Jonathan [5:56 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: 'Knows how to put the ball on the receiver’s outside shoulder when throwing long, hitting his target in stride…Can slide and elude the pass rush and has the ability to throw on the move…Does a very good job with his timing on the mid-range throws, as the receiver rarely has to work back to the ball…Has the field vision and awareness to look off his primary target to find his second and third options…Competitive player who can handle hard coaching.'

Marker Bills take Evans, trade for Losman [5:40 PM]
WGR-AM reports: 'Losman, 6'2", 224 pounds, has quick feet, a quick release, and excellent arm strength. There are questions though about his arm strength, and attitude.'

Marker Cowboys trade first-round pick [5:39 PM]
AP reports: 'The Cowboys dropped to the 43th overall pick by acquiring Buffalo's second-round pick. Dallas also got a fifth-round pick this year and a No. 1 pick from Buffalo next year.'

Marker Bills address receiver needs by drafting Evans 13th [5:37 PM]
AP reports: '''We think he's going to bring a special dimension to our offense. And we certainly think he can come in and contribute and help us get our offense back on track,'' Bills president Tom Donahoe said. ''We felt he was a complete receiver. There's a lot of guys that are fast that struggle catching the ball. But Lee is a fast guy who can catch.'''

Marker Bills select Tulane QB Losman with 22nd pick in draft [5:36 PM]
Sportsticker reports: 'But the right to select Losman came at a heavy price for the Bills, who sent three draft choices overall - a second- and fifth-round pick this year and a first-round pick in 2004 - to the Cowboys.'

Marker Draft Analyzer [4:43 PM]
NFL.com reports: Vic Carucci's Analysis
This might be a little bit of a higher spot than conventional wisdom had Lee Evans being picked, but I do like the choice. Evans has been largely overshadowed by Fitzgerald and Williams, but he is a big-play target. The Bills might have had an eye on a quarterback of the future, without Rivers or Roethlisberger available, they went with someone who can help them immediately.

Marker Five things I think I think [3:23 PM]
CNN/SI reports: 'I think Lee Evans is going to be a tremendous pro player. With the new staff in Buffalo, and with an assist from Sam Wyche in making the playbook more wide open, the Bills will have Evans and a healthy Eric Moulds to try to resuscitate Drew Bledsoe's flagging career. If Bledsoe can't cut it, then Evans and Moulds will have a new thrower in 2005.'

Marker Lee Evans Scouting Report [2:35 PM]
Fox Sports reports: 'Though he does not have prototypical size (the only top prospect shorter than six feet), Evans is a strong competitor with blazing speed and reliable hands. He accelerates quickly off the ball and after the catch. Dangerous over the middle, he runs crisp routes and does an excellent job of creating space. He makes tough plays in traffic and has the moves and explosiveness to evade defenders in the open field.'

Marker Evans glad he stayed in school [2:33 PM]
Cincinnati Post reports: '"I've always had high expectations for myself, and I know a lot of people have high expectations for me," Evans said. "There's a lot that I've learned being in school actually for an extra two years. Just about sitting out for a while. You learn a little more about the game and, being injured, you learn a little bit more about yourself and things like that. So there's plenty of things to learn. It's just about how you approach it and attack it, basically."'

Marker Evans — 1st round or bust? [2:32 PM]
Green Bay Press Gazette reports: 'Evans abandoned the quick comeback after developing swelling in his knee that eventually required another surgery, and by taking the slow approach he enters this weekend’s draft as a likely first-round pick. Though he’ll probably go late in the round, that’s more a function of landing in an exceptional receiver class than anything else.'

Marker Evans' wait is over [2:30 PM]
Wisconsin Badger Herald reports: '"Out of the top six, eight receivers or so, I'm probably the only one under six feet," he said. "I think in certain situations that will help me, because not all offenses are looking for a big, tall receiver. Some already have one and some are looking for a smaller-type receiver who can get deep and stretch the field vertically. It will play to my advantage in some cases."'

Marker Bears need, should pick Evans [2:28 PM]
Chicago Tribune reports: 'Before he tore up a knee in the spring of 2002, Evans was on his way to the head of the 2003 draft class. His rehabilitation appears complete.'

Marker Badgers in the Draft: Lee Evans [2:24 PM]
BadgerNation.com reports: 'After spending more than a year rehabbing, Evans responded with a stellar senior season. Many pre-draft articles have questioned the status of Evans’ knee, but he is convinced that teams know he is healthy after thoroughly inspecting the knee at the NFL’s scouting combine in February.'

Marker For Evans, Waiting Is The Hardest Part [2:23 PM]
Madison Capital Times reports: 'He has proved to NFL personnel once and for all that his knee is fine. Not only did he return to form during his senior season in 2003, he produced a 40-yard dash time of 4.41 seconds and a vertical leap of 35 inches at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis in February.'

Marker The Best Of A Bad Situation [2:22 PM]
Madison Capital Times reports: 'NFL scouts seem to think so. Although the 5-foot-11 Evans, who visited Buffalo, Pittsburgh and his hometown Cleveland Browns last month, isn't as tall as the other highly regarded receivers, he ran the fastest 40-yard dash time in the group (4.41 seconds) and scored the highest on the Wonderlic intelligence test (27).'

Marker Browns like Evans, but not in 1st round [2:20 PM]
Cleveland Plain Dealer reports: 'Instead, Evans returned to school for his senior year and tore his left anterior cruciate ligament in the spring game. He underwent two surgeries, but in the midst of his rehab, he was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and placed on probation for a year.'

Marker Evans' roller coaster about to end [2:16 PM]
Fox Sports reports: '"Last week, going on all those visits, it gave me a boost of confidence just to hear NFL personnel saying so many good things, but you can't get caught up too much in that. The way I look at it is that there's not too much I can do now. I did everything I had to do, ran at the combines, testing, and all that, and now it's time for them to make their decision. Emotionally, it's a roller coaster. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down."'

Marker Bills select WR Evans with 13th pick in NFL draft [2:13 PM]
Sportsticker reports: 'Evans made a successful retrurn from a torn ACL in his left knee in 2002 and had 64 catches for 1,213 yards and 13 touchdowns last season.'

Marker Decisions, decisions [8:57 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'Some fateful draft decisions led to some of the greatest coups and some of the worst blunders in Bills history. Enough good decisions led to the most productive drafts in Buffalo franchise history just as some poor decisions led to some of the worst draft crops in team history.'

Marker Wild ride will dictate Bills' new passengers [8:56 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'It's believed the Bills have Roethlisberger rated slightly ahead of Rivers. If the Chargers and Giants take quarterbacks, the chances of Buffalo getting a QB drop. In that case, Buffalo probably would have to move ahead of Pittsburgh to get Roethlisberger. If either the Chargers or Giants pass on a QB, then the odds of a passer for Buffalo go up.'

Marker Catch of the Day [8:55 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'The 2004 NFL draft shapes up as possibly the deepest ever at wide receiver. According to most projections, seven or eight could hear their names called in the first round, which begins today at noon on ESPN.'

Marker Gallery's the focus of big picture [8:54 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'Gallery is the only offensive lineman expected to be picked in the top half of the first round today. He is a 6-foot-7, 320-pounder who has been mentioned in the same breath as St. Louis' Pace and former Jacksonville Jaguar Boselli, two of the most heralded tackles to hit the NFL in the past 20 years.'

Marker Bills Draft Hits and Misses [8:53 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'Best Bills Drafts: 1. 1985.'

Marker The Bills Draft: 1967-2003 [8:52 AM]
Buffalo News reports: '2003: 1. Willis McGahee RB Miami.

Marker Tillman death rekindles memories of Kalsu [8:51 AM]
Buffalo News reports: '"What I remember most about Bob was he was a very, very smart kid and he was a happy kid; he always had a smile on his face," said former Bills trainer Ed Abramoski. "I remember the coaches saying if he made a mistake, he wasn't going to make the same one twice."'

Marker Bills ready to audible as needed [5:17 AM]
Rochester D&C reports: 'If the Bills elect to stay at 13, their options are numerous and any position but running back could easily be justified with their pick.'

Marker Healthy McGahee eager to run for real [5:16 AM]
Rochester D&C reports: '”Last year, when we took Willis, there were already nine defensive linemen selected and people thought we should go in that direction,” he said. “Of those nine, only Terrell Suggs (with Baltimore) made a significant contribution.”'

Marker Looking back on Buffalo's choices [5:15 AM]
Rochester D&C reports: 'Like all teams, the Bills have made some dazzling picks in the draft, and they’ve made some real duds. Here is a review of Buffalo’s draft history...'.

Marker Quarterbacks are pivotal on NFL draft day [5:14 AM]
Toronto Sun reports: 'The Bills also clearly need a big-play receiver to complement Eric Moulds and could bite on USC's Mike Williams should he still be on the board.'

Marker Bills lineman Kalsu killed in '70 in Vietnam [5:13 AM]
Arizona Republic reports: 'Kalsu quickly slipped out of the public's mind. It wasn't until 1978, after a campaign by a Buffalo sports columnist, that a plaque honoring Kalsu was placed in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Twenty years later, the Bills added his name to the Wall of Fame at Ralph Wilson Stadium.'

Page 1846 of 2582 pages « First  <  1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 >  Last »

09/11 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 pm
09/15 New York Jets 8:25 pm
09/25 Arizona Cardinals 1:00 pm
10/02 @ New England Patriots 1:00 pm
10/09 @ Los Angeles Rams 4:25 pm
10/16 San Francisco 49ers 1:00 pm
10/23 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm
10/30 New England Patriots 1:00 pm
11/07 @ Seattle Seahawks 8:30 pm
11/20 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 pm
11/27 Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 pm