Two Bills Drive | Buffalo Bills Forums | SabreSpace | Buffalo Sabres Forums

Buffalo Bills News - June 2, 2003

Marker Dinkins a long shot at QB [9:53 AM]
Vancouver Sun reports: 'The Buffalo Bills, however, signed him to play running back, holding out the carrot that they might eventually evaluate him as a quarterback. Sent to NFL Europe for development, Dinkins became football's version of the Swiss army knife. With the Amsterdam Admirals, he was used as a quarterback, running back, defensive back, kick and punt returner and kick holder. "The Bills were looking at him as a free safety, and a running back," O'Billovich says.'

Marker Workout warriors [8:55 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'The poster child for the Bills' offseason conditioning program is running back Travis Henry, who is coming off a great second season. "He's the example for the guys to see how we want this offseason program to work," Williams said.'

Contribute to Two Bills Drive! - Submit Bills Articles and Videos!

June 1, 2003

Marker Texans sign draft pick DT Wright, re-sign WR Black [11:20 PM]
CBS Sportsline reports: The Houston Texans re-signed WR Avion Black on Friday. Black, acquired from the Buffalo Bills in the expansion draft, caught six passes for 52 yards last season and averaged a team-best 22 yards on 24 kickoff returns.

Marker The Week In Bills History (June 1-7) [1:43 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: June 7, 1965 - AFL TO EXPAND BY TWO TEAMS The American Football League (AFL) owners voted to expand the league by two teams for the 1966 season. They also approved expansion of the active roster to 40 players.

Marker Face time [9:19 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'Last season, 11 of the 24 Bills starters were new, and eight of those were in their first season with the Bills. This season, it appears seven of 24 starters are sure to be new, and six are in their first season with the Bills. Obviously, the starting jobs aren't all decided. The number could jump to nine or even 10 new starters out of 24.'

Marker Bills accused of not playing the field in picking new turf [9:18 AM]
Buffalo News reports: '"This deal stinks to high heaven," said Gilman, whose firm is based in Montreal.'

Marker Buffalo Bills Training Camp: 2003 Important Dates [12:52 AM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: The following key dates for the 2003 Bills Training Camp have been announced.
Wed, Jul 23 Rookies Report
Sat, Jul 26 Veterans Report
Sun, Jul 27 First Day of Practice for Full-Squad
Mon, Jul 28 Night Practice
Fri, Aug 01 Workouts with Cleveland Browns (morning and afternoon)
Sat, Aug 02 Scrimmage with Cleveland Browns (11:00 AM)
Mon, Aug 04 Night Practice
Thu, Aug 21 Break Camp

Additional information will be announced as it becomes available.

May 31, 2003

Marker Group Tickets on Sale June 2 at 9 AM [6:29 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: Group tickets will be on sale starting June 2, 2003. You would need to purchase at least 15 game tickets for one game to be considered a group. Individual game tickets will go on sale later this summer.

Marker Bills Install AstroPlay - Photo Gallery [6:18 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: More photos... Endzones being worked on.

May 30, 2003

Marker Pittsburg High standout taking Europe by storm [4:12 PM]
San Francisco Chronicle reports: '"It's tough not to notice the kind of season Ken's been having," Buffalo offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said on the Bills' Web site. "One of the great things about NFL Europe is, it gives young players like him the opportunity to get game experience against quality competition, and it's obvious Ken is taking advantage of that."'

Marker Sunday Is Bills Day At The Buffalo Zoo [4:07 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: 'There will be Bills interactive games, face painting and performances by the Buffalo Jills from Noon - 3:00 PM. Representing the Bills will be fullback Sam Gash, defensive tackle Pat Williams, kicker Rian Lindell, defensive back Ahmad Brooks, running back Joe Burns, offensive lineman Joey Hollenbeck, linebacker Josh Stamer, tight end Ryan Neufeld and running back De'Mond Parker.'

Marker NFL Europe Preview [1:15 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: Ken Simonton continues to make a strong case for the NFLEL MVP. Simonton added another stellar performance last week against the Amsterdam Admirals, rushing for 94 yards on 20 carries and a touchdown in Scotland's 31-20 victory. He also added three kickoff returns for 80 yards.

Marker JP Morgan Chase: Kodak wins two team titles [6:39 AM]
D and C reports: '“It always feels good because they always supported me when I was with the Bills. I know there are 10 to 15 thousand season ticket holders here in Rochester,” Jim Kelly said. “When I talk about the Buffalo Bills, you could call them the Rochester Bills.”'

May 29, 2003

Marker Williams has lost his limbs [4:06 PM]
Shout! reports: 'Gregg Williams reminds me a lot of the Black Knight from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."'

Marker Attention to defense in the AFC East [2:44 PM]
ESPN reports: The Bills made the biggest jump as far as talent. Their stats were a little misleading a year ago. Although they ranked 15th overall, that was only because opponents ran the ball so well against them that they didn't give up a lot of passing yards. The Bills surrendered 132 yards a game on the ground and 4.5 yards a carry.

Marker Comments from Head Coach Gregg Williams [10:56 AM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: '"We have improved the team speed, but it is not one of the faster defenses that I have had the opportunity to coach, but we have improved significantly in that area. This team speed right now is the best since I have been here but we have still got to keep own players healthy. We have a long way to go before training camp starts. We are in some heavy phases of our program right now, in strength and speed phases. These next three weeks are critical and the final five weeks prior to training camp and opening day is another big phase that Rusty Jones and his staff have got to make sure that our guys are right on top of it."'

Marker Bledsoe, Bills Look For a More Balanced Team [10:55 AM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: '"It's all going to start up front…with out offensive line," Bledsoe said. "Last year, they showed what they could do. This year they're working together for the second straight year. I think they're going to be a dominant group."'

Marker Trust, good team chemistry can make all the difference in the world [7:43 AM]
Pro Football Weekly reports: The Bills revamped their entire offense last offseason simply by bringing in one key pawn — Drew Bledsoe. He tied everyone together by being the leader on a team that sorely needed one. Trust and good chemistry exploded among the offensive players, and the team jumped from 3-13 in 2001 to 8-8 and just out of the playoffs last season. The problem? There was little trust that the defense would do its share of the workload, which it rarely did. This offseason, Bills GM Tom Donahoe worked overtime to complete his repairs on that side of the ball. LB Takeo Spikes could turn into the Bledsoe-like leader the defense desperately needs. That in turn should improve the defense and allow the offense to transfer some of the load off its shoulders, rounding the team out and taking it to the playoffs.

Marker Brooks head of class in our Top 50 [7:41 AM]
CBS Sportsline reports: 27. Drew Bledsoe, QB, Buffalo Bills: One of the more underrated passers in the league, he is coming off one of his best seasons. When given time, and outside receivers, he is one of the best deep-ball throwers in the league.

May 28, 2003

Marker Where Are They Now? 1973 Bills Players [4:39 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: OT Dave Foley - #78 - 1972-77 Great player at Ohio State who was drafted #1 by the NY Jets in 1969…obtained on waivers by the Bills in 1972…immediately inserted into the starting lineup at OT and was a key member of the "Electric Company" offensive line in 1973 that set the all-time Bills' record for rushing yards (3088)…retired after the 1977 season and now lives in Springfield, OH where he runs Foley Benefits Group (group benefits, financial planning)…served as a football official (umpire) in the Mid-American Conference for 18 years before retiring in 2002.

Marker NFL Auction [4:05 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: Place your bid on an Eric Moulds Autographed Authentic Jersey

Marker New Bills Wallpaper: DE Chris Kelsay [4:04 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: Featuring Chris Kelsay

Marker Bills Install AstroPlay - Photo Gallery [4:02 PM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: More Photos

Marker Bills Alumni Spotlight: Eugene Marve [10:49 AM]
BuffaloBills.com reports: 'Traded to Tampa Bay in ‘88, Marve played four seasons for the Buccaneers and one in San Diego. Throughout his 11-year career, he planned for his post-career life. "I bought single-family houses; two and three bedroom homes, in my hometown of Flint, Michigan," Marve said. "I accumulated 63 homes. I’ve sold three since then, so I have 60 homes. I rent them all out. I’m a landlord."'

Marker Bledsoe 'fired up' to start his second year [9:06 AM]
Buffalo News reports: '"I was really impressed last year with Drew thinking like Kevin," coach Gregg Williams said. "They were in really in sync. As they continue to work together, I think you will see Drew take another step and hopefully we will get better around Drew. I think we'll be as explosive as we were last year, and I think we have a chance to be even more explosive if we stay healthy."'

Marker Interview with Joe DeLamielleure [8:52 AM]
TBD reports: "I just liked playing... I loved playing... I liked the challenge... I was actually halfway decent at something - so when people keep encouraging you - when things are going good - like when my Mom & Dad did - I was the ninth of ten kids - I was playing for my family - this was the biggest treat in the world and my wife was the oldest of eight (kids) - so, hey - can you believe this?"

May 27, 2003

Marker The Bills Are On The Field For Mini Camp Number Two [9:02 PM]
WGR-AM reports: 'The team will be on the field four days in each of the next three weeks.'

Marker AFC East first look [8:58 PM]
Fox Sports reports: 'If the new additions come together quickly, the Bills could make some serious noise atop this division.'

Marker Bledsoe doesn't take long to find Moulds [8:23 PM]
AP reports: '''Eric's a guy that we expect to carry a heavy load as he has a lot of years here,'' Bledsoe said. ''But with Peerless gone, I think he's going to have to carry a little bit more of the load. And he knows that, and he's been working his butt off.'''

Marker Lions counting on Jefferson for veteran presence [4:32 PM]
AP reports: 'Buffalo also was interested in Jefferson, but he was familiar with three Lions assistants from their years together in San Diego in the early 1990s. "I know a little bit about those guys' way of thinking," Jefferson said. "I know they want to win. That's what intrigued me the most. Coach Mariucci, he's won everywhere he's gone."'

Page 1817 of 2372 pages « First  <  1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 >  Last »

09/11 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 pm
09/15 New York Jets 8:25 pm
09/25 Arizona Cardinals 1:00 pm
10/02 @ New England Patriots 1:00 pm
10/09 @ Los Angeles Rams 4:25 pm
10/16 San Francisco 49ers 1:00 pm
10/23 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm
10/30 New England Patriots 1:00 pm
11/07 @ Seattle Seahawks 8:30 pm
11/20 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 pm
11/27 Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 pm