Two Bills Drive | Buffalo Bills Forums | SabreSpace | Buffalo Sabres Forums

Buffalo Bills News - November 18, 2003

Marker Former Bills Endorse Wilson For Hall of Fame [3:19 PM] reports: '"Unquestionably, he belongs in and I’ve talked to many of the board of selectors who wholeheartedly agree with me. Here’s a man that’s been there since the inception of the AFL. What a sense of loyalty to the game," said Levy, a Hall of Fame member. "He’s been on almost every meaningful committee that there’s been. He’s been such an asset to the league. I was blessed because I couldn’t have had a better man to work for during my 12 years in Buffalo."'

Marker Bills might be league's most disappointing [12:51 PM]
Atlanta Journal Constitution reports: 'We have got to make plays when we have our opportunities," Bledsoe said. For 2003, the opportunity has passed.'

Marker We’re stuck with Gregg as Bills’ coach for now [11:38 AM]
Olean Times Herald reports: 'Even the people who buy tickets are laughing at this football team. If that’s not rock bottom, it’s close enough.'

Marker Marv Levy: Texans turn back the Bills [11:19 AM] reports: The Bills certainly aren't clicking when they get in the red zone and you have to do that in the NFL if you want to win. They even had an interception that brought them down into the red zone, but they came away with just three points when they could have had the go-ahead touchdown. Offensively, they have gone three consecutive games without an offensive touchdown.

Marker Henry feels better, but status unclear [8:53 AM]
Buffalo News reports: '"Am I game ready? Well, I practice every day," McGahee said. "I should be doing a lot more than what I usually do but other than that, it's really not my decision. I think I could play, but you have to be smart about it. If I go out there and I get hurt . . . You just gotta take it easy."'

Marker Bills can start to plan future right now [8:52 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'It'll be three-and-out for Williams, and time for the franchise to tread carefully. The Bills are only half broken. Bringing in a head coach from outside the organization likely would mean a overhaul of the staff, and overhauls are usually short-term counterproductive.'

Marker Fitness program planned Wednesday [8:51 AM]
Buffalo News reports: ' Van Miller, voice of the Buffalo Bills, will preside Wednesday morning over a free information and orientation session on Independent Health's "SilverSneakers" fitness program.'

Marker Ralph Wilson: Better players needed [5:20 AM]
Rochester D & C reports: '“It’s terrible. We should do better, but hey, we have to upgrade our personnel,” Wilson said. “We need a lot of things. Maybe we need a new owner, that could help, too. What’s the old saying, ‘It starts from the top?’”'

Marker Can it get any lower than this? [5:19 AM]
Rochester D & C reports: 'Leo: I might be sniffing glue, but I can see the Bills winning three games.
Sal: Jeez, Mr. Optimistic, share the glue.'

Marker Buffalo Bills replay [5:18 AM]
Rochester D & C reports: 'So are we supposed to believe that Joe Burns and Bobby Shaw will go point for point with Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James and — if he’s healthy — Harrison and the rest of the Colts’ offensive machine? Right. And Jerry Springer is going to win an Emmy.'

Marker Eulogies begin for hell's Bills [5:17 AM]
Toronto Sun reports: 'All five home games at the Ralph this season have been sellouts. This Sunday, the Indianapolis Colts will also fill the house, if not close. After that, there are no guarantees. Even worse, what does the organization have to sell next year?'

Marker Colts adjust their passing game on the fly [5:16 AM]
Indianapolis Star reports: 'Harrison could return to the lineup against the Bills. He ran Monday morning -- "That was encouraging," said Dungy -- and might return to practice on Friday. "If he does," added Dungy, "he's got a chance to play."'

Marker Dungy's assessment of defense brightens [5:15 AM]
Indianapolis Star reports: 'A videotape review of the Colts' 38-31 victory over the New York Jets was responsible for Dungy's improved outlook. He watched the Colts hold the visitors to 10 points during the first half and shut them out during the fourth quarter. Of course the interim got pretty ugly.'

Marker Marcus Jones moves past NFL life [5:14 AM]
Jacksonville Daily News reports: 'Jones, a product of Southwest High School who went on to play for North Carolina and later spent six seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, recently retired from the ranks of the professional level after being waived by the Buffalo Bills in September. Jones was placed on injured reserve while rehabilitating a knee injury after being signed by the Bills.'

Marker Inside slant [5:13 AM]
CBS Sportsline reports: 'Unfortunately for the Bills, the race is already over, the battle already lost. With a 4-6 record and a schedule that includes teams who are a combined 37-23, it would take a minor miracle for the Bills to make the playoffs. In fact, the team leaders have just about given up hope on that goal.'

Marker Strategy and personnel [5:12 AM]
CBS Sportsline reports: 'Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride continues to drag the entire staff down.'

Marker Notes, quotes, anecdotes [5:11 AM]
CBS Sportsline reports: 'CB Nate Clements had a miserable game against Houston. He was one of three Bills who missed a tackle on Andre Johnson's 46-yard catch-and-run TD, he missed an open-field tackle on a quick screen to Johnson that resulted in a 42-yard gain that set up a Houston field goal, and he had a personal foul penalty that kept alive another Houston field goal drive. Add it up and Clements was involved in every point Houston scored.'

Marker Donahoe goofed [5:10 AM]
WGRZ-TV reports: 'Truth is though, part of his anger should be directed at the guy in the mirror, because among the finalists he considered for the Bills top coaching spot three years ago are two of the current NFL coach of the year candidates, John Fox at Carolina and Marvin Lewis at Cincinnati.'

Marker Not Much Left To Say [5:09 AM]
WIVB-TV reports: 'We have no idea whether our team will score again. But we can promise that Peyton Manning and the Colts will score touchdowns this week, and it's very likely that the Jets and Miami will score some points in the other two home games. We know you are football fans, so keep supporting us, even though we may never score again.'

Marker Colts at Bills [5:08 AM] reports: 'The Colts have won four of the past five meetings. Prior to that, Buffalo had taken seven of the past eight contests.'

Contribute to Two Bills Drive! - Submit Bills Articles and Videos!

November 17, 2003

Marker Sunday vs. Patriots [11:02 PM]
ESPN reports: Veteran Tony Banks will get his second start of the season Sunday against New England. Carr was injured late in the first quarter of Sunday's 12-10 victory at Buffalo when Bills linebacker Jeff Posey came free for a sack, driving Carr's throwing shoulder into the turf. Center Todd Washington prevented a touchdown by sweeping the ball out of bounds for a safety after Carr fumbled.

Marker Williams accepts responsibility for Bills' woes [8:27 PM]
AP reports: 'Buffalo has gone 190 minutes and 24 seconds of game time since last reaching the end zone on Travis Henry's 14-yard run in the fourth quarter of a 24-7 win over Washington on Oct. 19.'

Marker Bills OT Williams considers himself fortunate after accident [8:26 PM]
AP reports: '``All I remember is the yellow sign and the embankment. And the next thing I know is I'm talking to a lady,'' said Williams of an unidentified passer-by.'

Marker Colts finding different ways to win [8:25 PM]
AP reports: 'To coach Tony Dungy, the Colts are using a formula that seems custom-made for winning: play hard, take advantage of opportunities, and find different ways and different people to finish the job.'

Marker The Day After: Gregg Williams Comments [8:24 PM] reports: '"Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way and it happened a lot in that ballgame. When we talk about just the points in the ballgame we had a touchdown pass that dropped and we had a great hit, a safety, that hopefully you get recovered for a touchdown. We're still a fraction, a heal click away from a return and you miss a couple of fields. We had some points in all areas of our football team that weren't scored yesterday because of an uneven bounce going your way. You just have to keep fighting and hopefully one of those things will start and confidence will be right back where it was."'

Marker Burgard's Jason Kolb Named Bills HS Football [8:23 PM] reports: 'Head coach Jason Kolb of Burgard High School has been named the Buffalo Bills’ high school football “Coach of the Week” for the eleventh (and final) weekend of the 2003 season (Nov. 14-15). Kolb led Burgard (8-1) to a 12-0 victory over rival Riverside HS (5-4) in the City of Buffalo’s “Harvard Cup League” regular season finale last Saturday.'

Marker Buffalo's season platters in historic fashion [2:43 PM]
Niagara Falls Reporter reports: 'In case you found a more pleasantly entertaining way to spend Sunday afternoon, like eating all the light bulbs in your home, or removing your toenails with a pair of pliers, you missed the Buffalo Bills hitting bottom. The Houston Texans' wheezing, stumbling 12-10 survival at Ralph Wilson Stadium wasn't just the low point of this season, or even Gregg Williams' crashing bore of a coaching tenure. Losing in such execrable fashion, at home, to a second-year expansion team operating with its second-string quarterback while failing to score an offensive touchdown for the third full game stands as the most pathetic moment in the franchise's 44-year history. Yes, plenty of Bills teams have lost in heinous fashion to opponents who were supposedly even worse. But nobody expected anything of the teams that won one game in 1968 and 1971, or the two-time winners Buffalo fielded in 1976, '84 and '85. Even during the worst moments of Williams' 3-13 rookie campaign two years ago, there were some signs of improvement, a few reasons to hope things would get better.'

Marker Sorry, Steve: No induction for you [2:42 PM]
Niagara Falls Reporter reports: 'Steve Tasker was, without question, one of the great special-teams players in National Football League history. His teeth-cracking hits on return men electrified crowds at Rich Stadium and often provided the Buffalo Bills with crucial field position before, during and after the franchise's Super Bowl era. His blocked punt on a Sunday night against the Los Angeles Raiders in 1990 triggered his team's run to the first of four straight AFC titles. He also provided a spark on kick returns, like his game-turning runback of a squib kick against the Raiders in the 1993 postseason, and as a receiver on the rare occasions he was asked to do so. Without question, Tasker deserves to be enshrined. On the Bills' Wall of Fame. But the Hall of Fame in Canton? Nah. Before sending a nasty e-mail questioning my football knowledge, parentage, patriotism or sexual preference, hear me out.'

Marker An offensive stinker for the Bills [2:36 PM]
Olean Times Herald reports: 'This loss was all about the Bills’ beleaguered offense which couldn’t score a touchdown against the NFL’s 31st-ranked defense (29th against both the pass and run) in both yards and points surrendered.'

Marker It’s time for Donahoe to clean house [2:35 PM]
Olean Times Herald reports: 'OK Tom Donahoe, it’s time.'

Page 1801 of 2460 pages « First  <  1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 >  Last »

09/11 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 pm
09/15 New York Jets 8:25 pm
09/25 Arizona Cardinals 1:00 pm
10/02 @ New England Patriots 1:00 pm
10/09 @ Los Angeles Rams 4:25 pm
10/16 San Francisco 49ers 1:00 pm
10/23 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm
10/30 New England Patriots 1:00 pm
11/07 @ Seattle Seahawks 8:30 pm